fridge / rack , Just in time for x-mas

Started by SMOKEHOUSE ROB, November 22, 2005, 03:46:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JJC

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Oldman</i>
<br />Ha... I got one and love it. However, I use it for non smoking items~~!

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><font size="2">I'm at an on-the-road location, using a borrowed PC. Being a Mac guy.............I'm a Mac guy too, Kummock . . </font id="size2"><hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">For two educated men all I can say is you have my condolences! [:D]

Olds

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Hey, I resemble that remark!

Actually, I'm a MAC/PC kind of guy . . . into both, you know what I mean?  

All kidding aside, I really do prefer Macs to PCs for lots of reasons.  I have both just because I have to be able to communicate in a PC-dominated world.

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

JJC

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Kummok</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by JJC</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> Being a Mac guy,
I'm a Mac guy too, Kummock . . . what are you using when you're not on the road?

John
Newton MA

Hey John!! iBook on the road AND at home....just can't seem to make a connection with it at my daughter's home. I think they only get one MAC addy on their cable and they've got it plugged up with a PC...whatta waste!![;)][}:)][:D]

35 years of extinguishing smoking stuff and now I'm wondering WHY!
Kummok @ Homer, AK USA
I've got an iMAC G5 at home and at work, and am about to acquire a 12" PowerBook.  I think the iBook is a much, much better value than the PowerBook right now, but since work is paying for it I'll get the slightly faster PowerBook.

Surprised that you can't use it at daughter's house--do they have a wireless network set up? If so, there shouldn't be any problem.  If not, about $50-100 should do the trick in most cases . . . wireless network gear makes a great Christmas gift!

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

JJC

Did someone say this had degenerated into an off-topic Mac vs. PC diatribe?  Oh well, different operating systems bring out the worst in everyone . . .

Back to racks--I just ordered my compact rack made by Smokehouse Rob and sold by Chez.  Really looking forward to putting it to use with 8 racks of pellicling salmon fillets soon!

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

JJC

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">When/if you use eight racks, there are a few elements of smoking that become more important....spacing, size placement, smoking times, venting, etc.

Kummok @ Homer, AK USA
Hi Kummock,

I plan to use 8 racks when I smoke my next batch of salmon--can you give me some details about the spacing, size, placement, smoking times, venting, etc.?  Thanks!

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><font size="2">Did someone say this had degenerated into an off-topic Mac vs. PC diatribe? Oh well, different operating systems bring out the worst in everyone . . .
</font id="size2"><hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Originally I what I posted was just to gig a couple of you... all in fun... tongue and cheek stuff...

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

gotbbq

I'm guessing the commodore 64 is out of the picture?

gotbbq

JJC

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Oldman</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><font size="2">Did someone say this had degenerated into an off-topic Mac vs. PC diatribe? Oh well, different operating systems bring out the worst in everyone . . .
</font id="size2"><hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Originally I what I posted was just to gig a couple of you... all in fun... tongue and cheek stuff...

Olds

Hell, I knew that Olds!  We have this same good-natured back-and-forth at work almost every day, depending on whose computer does someting wierd first . . .

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

JJC

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by gotbbq</i>
<br />I'm guessing the commodore 64 is out of the picture?

gotbbq
Did that come before or after my Kaypro 4-84 "portable", which still exists somehwere in my attic waiting to be donated to the computer museum.

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

Chez Bubba

John,

You may want to post it on Ebay. The last I saw, an Apple III like mine went for over $500.00 & it had no where near the accessories. The Retro-Techno-Geeks are eating them up.

1985: The Apple III: The Machine For Business. Double the RAM at 512K, Daisy-chainable 5 1/4" floppy drives, each with the capacity to hold up to 600K! Hot damn tamale baby, we're smokin' now![;)][:D]

And now, back to the original topic. Please buy Rob's racks so he can buy his kids an Xbox 360![:D][:D][:D]

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

JJC

If your Apple III went for $500, my Kaypro 4-84X should be worth $2000!  It was an incredible CPM machine with a mind-boggling 64KB of memory, and 8" built-in monitor AND a 10MB hard drive to complement the 5 1/4" floppy.  And all this in a suitcase design with a total weight of a mere 17 pounds!

Just ordered my compact SR rack from you--can't wait to get it in the next couple days and put it to use in the next few weeks!

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

Oldman

The only thing an Apple is good for is pie or sauce.... [:D]

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Kummok

<br />The only thing an Apple is good for is pie or sauce.... [:D]

Don't leave out brandy and cider Olds ....and since we're talking retro, don't forget 'Pommac', the old apple soft drink from the mid 60s[;)][:D]

Note to John....
Stuffing 8 racks of salmon into the smoker requires extra attention to the thinner cuts being placed furthest from the heat tube, (to the front/bottom of smoker), a little more venting early on, and a tad higher/longer on the earlier temps. Be prepared for a few "crispy critters" anyway....I bag those seperately, sprinkle a little Chef Paul's Blackened Redfish Magic into the bag and tell folks it's blackened smoke salmon...they LOVE it![:D][:p][:p]

35 years of extinguishing smoking stuff and now I'm wondering WHY!
Kummok @ Homer, AK USA

tsquared

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I bag those seperately, sprinkle a little Chef Paul's Blackened Redfish Magic into the bag and tell folks it's blackened smoke salmon...they LOVE it!<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> It's not what you got, it's how you give it to the people! You sly dog!
T2

Chez Bubba

<br />The only thing an Apple is good for is pie or sauce.... [:D]

Olds

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Or target practice for a spectacular display with hollowpoints![;)][:D][:D]

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

JJC

Thanks for the tips, Kummock!  Looking forward to trying your recipe this weekend.

I also can't wait to get my new 12" PowerBook with 1.5 GB RAM, 80GB hard drive, Super Drive, built-in wireless and Bluotooth, a screen that makes any PC screen hide in embarassment, and all at a weight of only 4.6 lbs.  As we say in Boston, it's a screamah!

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA