Bring It Irene

Started by NePaSmoKer, August 25, 2011, 12:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pensrock

looks like bristol got hammered. thanks for the pics, glad everythings ok for you guys.

carnie1

Quote from: pensrock on August 28, 2011, 09:33:54 AM
glad to hear things are calming down and so far everyones doing well. it never got close enough to me so alls good here.  hope everyone faired as well that live closer to the coast. Al, Deb, Tony you ok?
I'm good, we moved a few pieces to our next spot yesterday before the rain started, we got it pretty good here, but its all clear now, going to move out in the morning

NePaSmoKer

Power is back on but no Internet. Phones just got back up to. Glad to hear everyone got through Irene.

Sent Via HAARP

Caribou

Glad to hear that everyone made it ok.
I wonder if Deb is kayaking around the neighborhood  ;)
Carolyn

pensrock

ghost9mm

Well everything is back to normal here, power is back and internet just came back, now to get the smokers out of hiding...lol... we are gonna help some neighbors clear some downed trees and tree branches...glad everyone else is OK...the temps in the 70's today and the sun is shining.. :D :D :D
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

NePaSmoKer

Power is out again, still no Internet. Might as well drink some coors and smoke a ceeegar

Sent Via My ET Supplied Sausage phone. SHHHH, Don't let the HAARP Peeps know.

dman4505

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on August 29, 2011, 08:36:37 AM
Power is out again, still no Internet. Might as well drink some coors and smoke a ceeegar

Sent Via My ET Supplied Sausage phone. SHHHH, Don't let the HAARP Peeps know.

Yep sounds like a plan to me.

Don
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."

The Man's Prayer: I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

ArnieM

Power still out here since 6 AM Sunday.  79% of the town is still out of power.  Internet went out yesterday but is back again.  The generator is guzzling gas  :'(

Wings on the grill last night, ribs on the pellet cooker tonight.  Maybe this isn't so bad  :D
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on August 28, 2011, 09:06:01 AM
Checking in from nepa

So far we have 5" of rain and my weather station clocked wind gusts of 67mph. Very windy right now and power just came back on in the last 10 mins. So far no damage just a ton of leaves in the pool.

Gary, greg, deb, carnie1, arnie, habs and the rest of the NE family...Y'all ok out there.

NC Army kids all  good

Very little damage in my immediate area, and lost power for two days. The Berkshire and Taconic Mountain ranges may have provide the buffer for my area as the storm stayed on the east side of the mountain ranges. Winds were around 20 - 30 mph with gust of 40 - 50 mph; with 4.65" of rain. Areas west of me are suffering from flooding and flash floods, they got twice the amount of rain. A lot of roads and bridges washed out. East of me, especially in Vermont, they really got hit bad with torrential rains. Many of their roads are washed out, bridges down, and historic cover bridges have bee destroyed.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Bigbirdoffroad

We got hammered here and all the towns around me are really bad. I got lucky and had only minimal damage. Most of the people around me lost everything. Been helping out around town cleaning up. It looks worse than a war zone. Most of the roads are still closed due to washouts and trees. One town over from here, there are houses that washed into the streets.
I'm not the smartest peanut in the turd!