Bring It Irene

Started by NePaSmoKer, August 25, 2011, 12:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seemore

carnie1

We were set up abou 20 miles from Philly, we are tore down already, gonna stay put till Monday am

DisplacedCoonass

Well, the eye is past Camp Lejeune and my mom/sister down there.  Heavy rain and winds but as best they can tell so far no crazy damage.  They lost power about an hour or so ago.  On it's way towards me and it's been raining almost non-stop for a couple hours now.

SamuelG

Quote from: DisplacedCoonass on August 27, 2011, 05:04:19 AM
Well, the eye is past Camp Lejeune and my mom/sister down there.  Heavy rain and winds but as best they can tell so far no crazy damage.  They lost power about an hour or so ago.  On it's way towards me and it's been raining almost non-stop for a couple hours now.

Stay safe!  Good luck!

SamuelG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SamuelG

KyNola

Everybody still OK so far?

ghost9mm

Well we are just now getting some of the outer bands of rain, tonight and tomorrow a whole different story, we are just waiting to see just how much damage this storm brings...I hope not much...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

josbocc

Northern, NY here.  Just across the pond from VT.  It is beautiful here at the moment..., but the predictions for tomorrow are not looking good.  Trying to pull everything that can fly into the garage, or house.  Hope all you folks to the East are faring OK.

Jeff
The Wood Doesn't talk back
DBS6
Cabelas 80l Dehydator
All the Jerky Gadgets!!!

ArnieM

Just some bands of rain here so far.  Landfall is scheduled here for tomorrow morning.  Looks like we'll be within 20-30 miles of the eye; we'll see.  The generator will hopefully start.

My daughter just went to several grocery stores.  All out of water, milk, bread, eggs, batteries, etc.  The gas stations all have long lines.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Bigbirdoffroad

Sitting in Orlando airport on the way back from Disney. Going to charlotte then to Albany NY. So far were still on time. Lets see what happens when we get to NC.
I'm not the smartest peanut in the turd!

Sailor

All of you that are in the path of Irene please be safe!  Yesterday driving home from Orlando there was caravan after caravan of power company tucks headed north.  There was also caravans of tree trimming companies headed north.  South Florida has had their share of hurricanes and we always were glad to see the power company trucks and tree trimming trucks from out of State come to help get the power back.  So happy that we can pay the favors back a bit.

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

mikecorn.1

Quote from: Sailor on August 27, 2011, 09:30:00 AM
All of you that are in the path of Irene please be safe!  Yesterday driving home from Orlando there was caravan after caravan of power company tucks headed north.  There was also caravans of tree trimming companies headed north.  South Florida has had their share of hurricanes and we always were glad to see the power company trucks and tree trimming trucks from out of State come to help get the power back.  So happy that we can pay the favors back a bit.
X2 on the help. I live south of houston tx 15 miles from the gulf. I hate hurricane season. Like you said, it's good to see the trucks rolling in from other states to help.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

carnie1

Rain coming down pretty good here at carnie corral, not too windy yet, we have all the house trailers blocked in with semis

Tenpoint5

Sent and received a text from Miss Deb. All is good for right now. Just waiting for the eye to pass.
Same with Nepas His reply High winds and rain Power has been out for a couple of hours.

Hang in there folks were pulling for you!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

deb415611

checking in... windy and raining,  no damage here that I can see - trees, power lines down across the state.  They are reporting right now that we are probably over the worst of it that it has downgraded to a tropical storm.  Tornado watches are off.   We still have power at this point though alot of the state is out.  Arnie's town is about 50%.   

Bryan, Nepas , Art -- you guys ok?

DisplacedCoonass

Well, we made it through just fine.  Lots of rain, whole bunch of leaves and small branches.  Only lost power for about 5 hours, cut out about 10 seconds after the wife got done whipping up dinner.  All in all about as good a hurricane as one could hope for with the eye passing just a few miles away.

Hope the rest of ya fair as well!