Happy Thanksgiving

Started by BigSmoker, November 24, 2005, 02:10:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigSmoker

Sorry to be so abscent lately but well duty calls and I'm not turning down the money [:D].  Just want all of you to know I have so many things to be thankful for and the people here are one of them.  Enjoy each and every one of you.  

P.S.  I will be back LOL.

Jeff

Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

oguard

A happy Thanksgiving to all south of the border.This is a big weekend in Vancouver B.C. as we are hosting the Grey Cup( the chamionship for Canadian football)It is a party that starts Thursday and ends some time Sunday evening with parties,parades and the big game itself.My boys are both going to be in the parade representing there football teams as well as myself[:D][:D](I am the head coach of my youngest sons team)

Mike

Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it
Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it.

ritzdeliman

Dito. Here in ontario we have a few trans planted americans and we celebrate with our annual all Madden 8 legged turkey. Of course I can't think of a better way to spend a day off then eating turkey, watchin football and drinkin beer. Happy turkey day to all those thankful.
ritzdeliman

Chez Bubba

I'll thank all of you who participate & make this forum the golden nugget that it is.[:)][:)][:)]

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

boxertrio

I'll be at the fire station workin, so no beer... but lots of food,  football, and good friends. Thankful for God, country and family. Happy Thanksgiving!

Glenn

"You don't need a Hibachi to cook Japanese!"-BMW Motorcycles
--"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever the cost, fight back!" -- Lt. Colonel Jeff Cooper; USMC

Oldman

Well I look around and I'm thankfull that I got here. That my wife is ok; that  my dog is making it, but most of all...I'm thankfull that this holiday is Thanksgiving as it is the only holiday I don't have to cook... Mother does it all [:D] I don't even do the dishes.  [:p]

Happy Thanksgiving all~~!

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

whitetailfan

Happy Thanksgiving to y'all down there[:)]
Hope everyone has a great meal today[:p]

<font color="green">whitetailfan</font id="green">
"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

Kummok

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by oguard</i>
<br />A happy Thanksgiving to all south of the border......<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Sure Mike...leave out us gen-yew-wine Northerners...I figgered YOU BC guys, of ALL folks, could sympathize with us Upper Continent'rs! [;)][:D][:)]

Indeed a Happy T-Day to ALL![:p]

P.S.
Note to boxertrio....No beer?!?!?  All I can say is that you must not be a Union house[;)][:D][:D]

35 years of extinguishing smoking stuff and now I'm wondering WHY!
Kummok @ Homer, AK USA

oguard

Sorry about that Kummok.A happy Thanksgiving to those fellow fisherman and smokers in Alaska[:D][:D][;)]

Mike

Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it
Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it.

boxertrio

Kummok,  yep IAFF Local 152.  We used to get beer (1 per shift) but that ended 15 yrs ago[:(]

Glenn

"You don't need a Hibachi to cook Japanese!"-BMW Motorcycles
--"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever the cost, fight back!" -- Lt. Colonel Jeff Cooper; USMC

Oldman

Well Thanksgiving was a bust.  Momma fell twice when I was not there. Once from standing on a chair.... Food was burned up and other things not cooked enough.

She did not call and I did not find out about it until 4 pm yesterday. Spent the night with her... she looked very old and tired. I could not get her to go to the hospital.  Going back in a few to either get her to come over here or to spend the night again with her... Susan with her at the moment. I had to come home and give Skyway a bath as Susan cannot lift him into the tub.

Momma had the same look last night as my Grandmother did in her last days living with us. I looked around in a house last night that once was full of family ... laughing and carrying on.  Now I've come to realize that passing is so very hard on the ones left. Looking into corneres where once one stood. Memories at times are things best forgotten. Three of us and a dog last night in a house that once was 30 strong.

If there is anything out of this to be thankful for it is that Momma did not break any bones...

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

tsquared

Olds, you're striking a chord. My dad went in October, my mom 3 years ago this month, and my aunt and uncle in between.All the best with your mom, it is not an easy process for anyone involved. The worry as to whether they are all right  gets to you.
Tom

Oldman

Tom today was a great day. First Mother looked much better,,,, next I met my 15 month old Granddaughter... Talk about instance owning of someone... man am I ever owned.

Olds

tsquared

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">man am I ever owned.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">AHA! Next thing you know you'll be hanging up a "Grandchildren spoiled while you wait" signs in your kitchen. Good for you!
Tom

Kummok

Olds, you're speaking a universal language of the heart....Sandy's at home in Alaska, caring for Dad and I'm in SoCal building rubber band guns and swimming with grandkids....gotta do it in shifts nowadays cause Dad can't be home alone anymore. Wife's turn is in April when our youngest delivers her first, a Grandson. Grandkids are TRULY God's reward for not killing you  own when they were teenagers... ;^)  Prayers and best wishes to you for another Christmas Season to make even more family memories!

35 years of extinguishing smoking stuff and now I'm wondering WHY!
Kummok @ Homer, AK USA