• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Snaksgiving

Started by Fuzzybear, November 25, 2005, 05:51:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzybear

Ahhhhhhhh...2 hours cold smoke with apple pucks (just the generator activated) then into a 350 oven for 1 1/2 hours yielded a delicious smoke wild turkey - yes, a wild turkey bagged up here in the wild Northwest!  Turkey and homemade rosemary rolls (yeah, I made those too!)

Brined it overnight in 4 gallons of water - 2 cups salt; 1 cup brown sugar; 2 tablespoons peppercorns and 2 bay leaves - soaked it for 16 hours, drained, patted dry, smoked and stuffed with sliced apples inside.  

"A mans got to know his limitations"

tsquared

Sounds delicious, Fuzzy! We used to get a small flock of wild turkeys wandering through our yard 4 or 5 years ago but I haven't seen them for awhile. Maybe someone had your idea for dinner. How are you enjoying the new location, now that you've lived there for a year or so?
T2

JJC

WTG, Fuzzy!  How does wild turkey compare with the store-bought variety?

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

Fuzzybear

<font color="black"><font face="Arial">I'm happier than a pig in slop gang!  I love it up here!  Wild Turkery for those of you who don't know is quite leaner than the store bought pumped up variety - drier (you really need the brine) and leaner.  Now that I've had several under my belt, I'm finding that I prefer the wild turkey to store bought.  My wife though, she still likes her store bought birds better.</font id="Arial"></font id="black">

"A mans got to know his limitations"