Hickory rub

Started by mnmike, September 06, 2011, 09:28:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mnmike

Has anyone used a hickory rub just wondering what they taste like? Thinking of trying some was looking at zachs also heard the brisket rub for them is pretty good also

Tenpoint5

I can vouch for the Zacks brisket rub good stuff
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

classicrockgriller

I brought some Zach's Hickory rub up to KyNola at the MWSO.

He's probably the only one that has tried that.

I have tried the Zach's Original, Sweet Rub, Chicken Rub and they are all very good.

It is available here on groc shelves as it is made in Pasadena, Tx about 100 miles away.

Let me know if I can help.

mikecorn.1

I like it also.  I use Zacks hickory rub on my ribs and also used the brisket rub and the sweet rub.  I get them down here in Tx at HEB grocery store.

---
- Mike.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

KyNola

I used the Zach's Hickory Rub for the first time just the other day(Thanks CRG!).  The hickory taste is not overwhelming, it is subtle.  The Rub also has a slightly sweet taste to it.  Good stuff!  I am crazy about the Zach's Brisket Rub.(Thanks CRG!).  Haven't tried the Zach's Sweet Rub yet.(Thanks CRG!)

You can order them all here: http://shop.zachspice.com/main.sc

mnmike

LOL sounds like crg hooked you up ky...thanks for the input all of you guys is just nice to get a few reviews before ordering some will have to get me some of all 3 and try them..thanks again

jgoldwood

Is the brisket rub you mentioned the Original?

classicrockgriller

yes, Original Brisket Rub (Grand Champion)

Had winners in the past win with their rub at the Houston

Rodeo Cook Off.

KyNola

Zach's Original Brisket Rub is incredible.  Thanks to CRG, I have plenty of that now and in my freezer, I have a SRF Wagyu brisket just waiting for me.

ghost9mm

Yep !!! Zach's Original Brisket Rub is incredible....and then some..
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill