• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

If cost were no object

Started by ffrcoupe, September 06, 2011, 06:32:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffrcoupe

what smoker would you buy and why?

hal4uk

Buy?  Don't you mean BUILD???   ;D  ;D  ;D
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

DisplacedCoonass

I'm with the Wildcat on this one.  If cost were no object, it'd be a custom build all the way....giant outdoor kitchen!

NePaSmoKer

classicrockgriller

A brand new Vette with a trailer hitch and a Bubba keg on the hitch.

And I wouldn't go very many places haulin' the smoker around.

hal4uk

ffr...  Seriously... 
I'd like to have CRG's smoker (that he ain't even used yet --- maybe I can talk him out of it!)...
Backwoods FatBoy.  Uh huh.   Awrighten.
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

muebe

Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

beefmann

id build one with 3 compartments, 3 smoke generators, 6 heat elements, 6 pid to control each element and 3 blowers, and have 3 -300 lb compartments, and i figure 2 kw per compartment .. all out of stainless

Tiny Tim

Jennifer Aniston...or doesn't she smoke?

ffrcoupe

Yeah. I guess smokers are still a build it yourself kinda thing. After all, my only smoker right now is the Alton Brown flower pot smoker. While it works quite well, I am ready for an upgrade. :)

ffrcoupe

OK. So now cost is relevant. Let's say you have $750.00. What would you build?

Is there a good "base" out there were you can add a PID?

ronbeaux

The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

Quarlow

Well I love the filing cabinet for a redneck smoker, but the two other ones look pretty expensive. I would basicly build what Sonny and others have built. Start with a stainless proofer and a bradley smoke generator and an auber PID. Add a fan and Roberts your fathers brother (bobs your uncle). There are some posts of builds done already and I am sure somebody will post a link to them soon. IMHO this is the way to go.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

ffrcoupe

ffrcoupe

Quote from: Quarlow on September 23, 2011, 07:18:45 PM
Well I love the filing cabinet for a redneck smoker, but the two other ones look pretty expensive. I would basicly build what Sonny and others have built. Start with a stainless proofer and a bradley smoke generator and an auber PID. Add a fan and Roberts your fathers brother (bobs your uncle). There are some posts of builds done already and I am sure somebody will post a link to them soon. IMHO this is the way to go.

Cool. I'll try and find it in the mean time.