Re: foil in bradley smoker

Started by SPRINKLES, September 08, 2011, 09:14:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SPRINKLES

Can you use foil in a bradley smoker?  For some reason I thought I read somewhere that you can't.  Also, in the country chicken recipe on the Bradley sight, the marinade calls for seasoning mix.  What is that??

TedEbear

Sure, you can use foil - it isn't a microwave oven.   ;D 

However, you don't want to foil your meat while smoking because that would block the smoke from getting to it.

classicrockgriller

Why can't we use foil in the smoker?

Bradley Smoker FAQ's - Answers
From The Bradley Website

Q. Why can't we use foil in the smoker?

A. You can wrap your meat in foil, basically we DON'T want you to cover your racks, or drip tray in foil. The reason for this is that the heat will be blocked below the items you are smoking/cooking, therefore not getting up to temperature. This could also cause other damage to the unit.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: SPRINKLES on September 08, 2011, 09:14:38 AM
Also, in the country chicken recipe on the Bradley sight, the marinade calls for seasoning mix. 
What is that??

I would take "seasoning mix" to be your choice of seasoning that you like.

beefmann

yes you  can  use foil in the  smoker and i have, just pull it up around the edges  to allow the heat  and air to move

TedEbear

The way the OP worded his original question I'm not sure if he is asking whether he can wrap meat in foil (as I assumed) or lay foil on the racks.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: TedEbear on September 09, 2011, 04:43:37 AM
The way the OP worded his original question I'm not sure if he is asking whether he can wrap meat in foil (as I assumed) or lay foil on the racks.

Me either. Is why I added the part about covering your racks with foil.

SPRINKLES: the answer would be, yes you can wrap meat in foil and use in the Bradley,

BUT you should NOT cover your racks or v-tray with foil.