• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Any Home Made Kielbasa Reipes?

Started by Remington, December 02, 2005, 02:53:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remington

I make a great polish kielbasa which everyone loves. I'll be more than happy to share it if you e-mail me. It's a fresh recipe and I'm looking to make something more like what you would buy in a store.(Hillshire Farms etc...) Does anyone have a good recipe they would like to share? I'm also looking for a good hot dog recipe. Thanks much and I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season.

Remington [:D]

ritzdeliman

Check out the post from nov 9 in the meat forum under the heading smoked Kielbasa. hope it helps. ritzdeliman

3rensho

I made this one a couple of weeks ago and smoked it.  I thought it was pretty good - especially with sauerkraut.      http://home.pacbell.net/lpoli/index_files/Fresh_Kielbasa.pdf

Tom

Smokin' in Switzerland
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><font size="2">I'm looking to make something more like what you would buy in a store.(Hillshire Farms etc...) </font id="size2"><hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> What do you mean by this? Fat cooked but not rendered out? The coloring? If you will explain how your sausage is not like store purchased I might be able to help you.

On a side note I have one that came over to this country with my Grandfather from Poland. It is unlike any recipe for polish sausage you will ever see. My Grandfather was taught by his Father who was taught by his Father. I was taught by my Grandfather and Mother. Now Mother is of the old ways, and until she passes I cannot share it. I'm hopeing to pass this on one day to my daughter, and son-in-law. Maybe even to my Granddaughter.

I can say this. While both recipes referenced here look good, other than the garlic and pork there is nothing in them you will find in our recipe.  

I wish I could say more, but I gave my word as a boy that as long as Mother was alive I would never share this recipe.

I will share this: Look for a recipe where the butt bones are utilized to deliver two different spice's flavor that cannot be ground up and place directly in with the meat--AND NO BEEF~~!

I have always had a good laugh whenever I see a sausage recipe where someone adds garlic to it and all of a sudden it is now instant Kielbasa.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

JJC

What Olds says . . . this man knows Polish sausage (indeed, all things Polish) [;)]

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA