I'm in the Game!!!

Started by Tenpoint5, September 12, 2011, 04:21:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

It is Official I am now a bonified Keeper of the Bread starter!!

Did a practice run tonight to work out the kinks and bugs in my system. I don't have one of them fancy mixers. So I be doing it old school by hand. Made a couple of errors on the loaf of bread. Errors that have brought on new ideas for the bread starter. So I wont go into details about it. Now the Rolls....

ready for the oven

hot out of the oven

Close up

They DIDN'T SUCK!! As a matter of fact everything is gone after supper. Guess I will have to make some more!! ;D ;D
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

classicrockgriller

Nice work Chris.

Just like a new smoker, just a learning curve and then we is in the game.

Smokin Soon

It's about time! I was talking to Sonny the other day and asked what you ever did with the starter. Lot's of stuff you can do with the starter besides basic bread and rolls.
For mixing by hand, I'm not very good. For a starting point in your baking, find a cheap bread machine on Craigslist for $25 or so and just use the dough cycle. If it's easier, you will do it more often. Yep, that makes you a certified keeper of the starter. How about Gloria?, she's on the map.

SiFumar

As long as they didn't suck..it's all good!

TMB

Love to make bread and that looks good Chris.  No wonder you couldn't talk yesterday you was to busy eating!  ;) 
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

Tenpoint5

Smoking Soon, She should be doing something with hers starter this weekend. We can add another pin as well. David 52001. Seems we have a science teacher at the Jr High that is giving the bread starter a go as well.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

OU812

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Lookin gooood Chris.

Miss Rachel helpin yet?