• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

woo hoo got me a box

Started by pensrock, September 13, 2011, 10:18:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pensrock

I got to send a big Thank You to Sonny for the snacks he sent me. I have not been able to get out much after the surgeries and he sent me some snacks. What a great guy.
I see sweet tater pancakes one of these mornings.  :)
Pickled eggs, Srirachia Peas and Cajun Boiled peanuts, can't wait to dig in.  :)
Thank you for the thoughtful box of goodies.  :)

Tenpoint5

Sure hope you can open all them jars and cans up after those surgeries!! If not then it would be pure torture sitting there looking at them all day long
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on September 13, 2011, 11:19:27 AM
Sure hope you can open all them jars and cans up after those surgeries!! If not then it would be pure torture sitting there looking at them all day long

I would think Pens has a # of some sweet thing that would come over

and be Happy to open a few jars for Him anytime.

Glad to see you received the pkg in good shape.

On the directions for the pancakes, it says 3/4 cup of water.

That was the directions on the old package. They upgraded

the pkg and added more pancake weight but didn't change the

directions. Use one cup of water or just add till you get the

thickness you like. Let the batter rest for 5 minutes or so and

you might have to add a bit more water. It gets thick.

First pancake should be with out butter or syrup. Hmmmmmmm!

OU812

Great score pens!

Hope you find someone to open them for ya.

Cool gift Sonny!

pensrock

I was able to open a can of peas with my left hand, operations on the left side delayed till the 28th, great srirchia taste, great snack.
Can't open the eggs but they will get opened, that's for sure.  :)
The boiled peanuts have a pull top, so I know I can get them open as well.
I was wondering why the written instructions for the pancakes. Now I understand.
Maybe pancakes sometime this week yet.  :)

Just a quick update with my surgeries. I have had a few people asking how I'm doing.
My right hand and elbow were cut open on 8/24, was in a full arm cast for two weeks. The day they removed the cast and stitches, the Dr wanted to schedule my left arm for the next week which would have been tomorrow. I said there was no way I could take care of myself with both arms and hands injured. He agreed to push the left arm back till 9/28 and gave me some exercises to work on my hand. So now I'm working to try to get some use of my hand and arm back before the 28th. My hand is still quite swollen, theres about a three inch cut from the wrist to my palm and about a 7-8 inch cut from my forearm to the lower bicep. Both are quite tender and the slightest bump hurts like he**. The area around the elbow is numb but the area where the nerve was moved is really sore. Its hard to sleep cause I can't put my arm down so its not touching the cut area. So in a couple weeks I'll be going in to get the left arm/hand done.

lumpy

Get well quick my fellow smoker, so you can get more Penn's sticks out!

Lumpy

classicrockgriller

Geez Pens.

You take care of your self.

OU812

It might suck really bad now Pens (the arm and wrist thing) but it will all be well worth it in the end.

Had a few times under the knife my self.

You got this.

northof60girl

Hope you heal up fast!  If you find you can't get the lids off jars you may want to try sticking the jar between your legs with the bottom of the jar hanging down and then twist if from underneath.  Has everyone got a visual yet lol.  Thigh muscles are strong and when your a girl what are you supposed to do!  I'm just saying  ;)
Feel better soon!

northof60girl

classicrockgriller

Quote from: northof60girl on September 13, 2011, 03:52:21 PM
Hope you heal up fast!  If you find you can't get the lids off jars you may want to try sticking the jar between your legs with the bottom of the jar hanging down and then twist if from underneath.  Has everyone got a visual yet lol.  Thigh muscles are strong and when your a girl what are you supposed to do!  I'm just saying  ;)
Feel better soon!

No Pic, it didn't happen Pens.  ;D

squirtthecat

Quote from: classicrockgriller on September 13, 2011, 03:57:41 PM
Quote from: northof60girl on September 13, 2011, 03:52:21 PM
If you find you can't get the lids off jars you may want to try sticking the jar between your legs with the bottom of the jar hanging down and then twist if from underneath.  Has everyone got a visual yet lol.  !

No Pic, it didn't happen Pens.  ;D

You beat me to it...  ;)

ghost9mm

Hey Pens I trust you, I know your crippled up..but you did do well on the package...take your time healing and don't rush things, time will heal...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

Tenpoint5

Quote from: northof60girl on September 13, 2011, 03:54:22 PM
Not saying your a girl... :)

I would but he's bigger than I am. I don't feel like a but whooping right now or when he gets healed up!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

northof60girl

I'll take your word for it!  Sucks not being able to do the things you enjoy when your healing but hopefully he'll be back up and smoking in no time  :D