• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Somedays you have a great reason to wake up with a smile on your face.

Started by cajunboudreaux, September 14, 2011, 07:15:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cajunboudreaux

Here are two pork butts I smoked at 150 (because my main element is out) for 18 hours with a light rub (tony chacheres,slap yo mama white pepper,garlic power,onion powder, covered with frenchs yellow mustard) sprayed during smoking process with water bottle mixed of ( tony chacheres,John boy and bill hot & spicy grillin sauce,tad of balsamic vinegar,squeezed orange,onion pwdr,garlic pwdr,water) Then place in pan covered and put on grill at about 280 until internal temp reaches 190. wrap and settle for 45 minutes then pull. Pucks were hickory with the 7th puck being Apple.. That makes me smile.. ;)
Laissez les bon temps rouler

classicrockgriller

We love pictures, but sometimes the pictures need some words with the.

Tell us about the work behind the smile.

Did someone leave that on your door step?

Help us out here Bobby! ;D

cajunboudreaux

classicrockgriller

Ahhh.

Got smoke from the Bradley and then finished in a different grill.

That works.

cajunboudreaux

Yes sir, Not big on wrapping anymore but you gotta do what you gotta do.

OU812

SouthernSmoked

SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

cajunboudreaux

Yes sir and it was amazing.. That was just breaking in my OBS after cleaning up my mess from having the damper closed. Amazing what a difference it made leaving the damper at least half way open.

KyNola

Tenpoint5

I have buzzers and bells going off and red flags waving all over the place here!! 18 hours at 150º. Did you have some sort of cure on the meat? That seems like an awful long time for the meat to be in the danger zone without it. I would be afraid of the nasties that took hold on them chunks of meat.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

cajunboudreaux

I saw alot of you veterans have done that.. Maybe my next step..

SouthernSmoked

Hey Bobby...

I have 3 Bradley's (2) Stainless Steel and (1) DBS 6 Rack and I took my vents off all three.

SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

cajunboudreaux

Tenpoint the real danger zone is 40-140 for nasties. at 150 on the door and little higher actually in the unit everything has been fine and always has been but i wouldn't do poultry at that. I do use a saltwater cure at times. To be honest I never smoke above 200 anyways. I like it low and slow.

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on September 14, 2011, 10:05:17 AM
I have buzzers and bells going off and red flags waving all over the place here!! 18 hours at 150º. Did you have some sort of cure on the meat? That seems like an awful long time for the meat to be in the danger zone without it. I would be afraid of the nasties that took hold on them chunks of meat.

Ditto

Sorry cajun, you got allot of us old timers scratching our heads. I been smoking since 1977 and seen it all but this beats me  :o

cajunboudreaux

I understand your confusion. I was going by the door temp not the inside temp and by No way was the meat  in the smoker for a full 18 hours. The process took 18 hours. Not everyone has PID's in the rigs and with the load of meat in there it affects the door thermometer. I should have been more clear on the process. I have been doing this for a long time as well and i have never had a problem. I appreciate all your concerns.