• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Big Bird Going Down!!

Started by Tenpoint5, September 14, 2011, 10:36:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

This Big Bird is going down with a torn up wing. Went in this morning and got the results of the MRI. Seems I have a "Rather Large Bone Spur" and a "Torn Rotator Cuff". So I be going under the knife in 2 weeks (9/29 @ 9:30am). Probably going to be scarce for a few days after that. There goes my hunting season for this year!! (Couldn't pull back the bow anyhow, I tried)
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on September 14, 2011, 10:36:49 AM
This Big Bird is going down with a torn up wing. Went in this morning and got the results of the MRI. Seems I have a "Rather Large Bone Spur" and a "Torn Rotator Cuff". So I be going under the knife in 2 weeks (9/29 @ 9:30am). Probably going to be scarce for a few days after that. There goes my hunting season for this year!! (Couldn't pull back the bow anyhow, I tried)

Wow buddy that sux but when you recoop you will feel better. Dont think i can make it to use yer tag for me you  :o

muebe

Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

Sailor

Oh Man Chris.  Hate to hear that.  I guess you can look at it this way.....the sooner you get it fixed the sooner you will get well.  I have had a torn cuff and never got it fixed and it still bothers me for the last 30 years.

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

SouthernSmoked

Dang Chris....I hate to hear that!

Here's to a speedy recovery.
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

cajunboudreaux

Best wishes and a speddy recovery..
Laissez les bon temps rouler

grnhs

That's a real tough way to spend a hunting season.
sorry to hear it,
speedy recovery

OU812

Bout time you got that fixed.  ;D

Bummer you aint going to make hunting season but its better to get things like this done in the cooler weather than the ice cold weather or the damn hot weather.

Good luck my friend and give me a call some time as I dont know your work schedule.

classicrockgriller

You will be up and running in no time.

Glad they finally made a decision to correct things.

Get it on and get it over and get Well.

ghost9mm

Chris... really sorry to hear this, been there done that, and my advice to you is really stick with the rehab, I know just how bad that surgery is...but you will be a better man when it's done and the rehab is finish...good luck with the surgery...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

pensrock

Not much I can add to what has been said. Take care and you'll feel much better after its healed up.  :)

Ka Honu

Hope it's not the shoulder attached to hand that you uh.... write and eat with (That's it - write and eat).

beefmann

sorry to hear, hope you  have a fast recovery

lumpy

Good luck and q quick recovery.

I'm sure the freezer is full ;)

GusRobin

good thing you can smoke one handed. Good luck and our prayers our with you.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.