• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Come on.....REALLY????

Started by Bigbirdoffroad, September 14, 2011, 03:20:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigbirdoffroad

I got my Bradley a few months back and just like everyone else my heating element burnt out after the 3rd use. I also had the crazy temp swings so I got an Auber dual probe. This weekend I wanted to do some ribs, and teach the wife how to ues the smoker. Dont you know it, the door bottom broke AND the puck advance stopped working too. What a great time to show the wife how good the Bradley is ::) Now she's mad at me because I've used the smoker less than 10 times and "It's falling apart" (Her words) She's mad at me for spending $500+ on the smoker and the cost of the Auber (that I'm having problems with). How can I justify the cost of everything to her?
I'm not the smartest peanut in the turd!

OU812

First thing is to relax and have a shot, I'll take one too.  ;D

The door thing seams to be happining more lately, so I stopped by Cabela's the other day and see they redesigned the door, dont know why.

Call Bradley and they will make right.

Next I here Auberins had a bad batch of parts on there last run of PID's.

Call Auberins and they will make it right also.

Now hug the wife and tell her every thing will be allright.

Time for another shot.  ;D

ghost9mm

When Curt speaks people listen... ;D
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

Bigbirdoffroad

Yeah, I have a few calls to make. Hopefully things will work out. I just have to figure out how to calm Momma down. It's been a rough couple of weeks with the flood and all. Nothing like kicking a fella when he's down.

KyNola

Sorry you're having the trouble but please tell me you registered your Bradley.

Bigbirdoffroad

Yeah, its registered. I'll call them today.

JEBinFL

Yup...yet another victim to the thread! I bought my Bradley 4 rack digital for my birthday/fathers day. And just like every one else on here my heating element took a dump on me the 4th time i used the smoker....The worst part was that i was half way into smoking 2 beer butt chickens :-[. Had to finish them on the grill! Anyways, the only reason im posting this info is so that Bradley will see yet another victim to the piss poor heating element! Ill be calling Bradley on Monday so I can hopefully get a new and improved heating element!! This forum is a great resource, Im kinda glad to see i wasnt the only one!

devo

Good thing the element problem has been resolved, bad thing there still is a 0 load of units out there with the bad element and because a lot of people smoke on the weekends they have to wait till monday to call bradley. Call Monday and they will fix you up.

Quarlow

Hey bigbird, unless it is Diamonds or Ruby's you will never be able to justify the cost to them female units.  :D :D :D
JEBinFL I am not rubbing it in your face or anything I am just saying, more of us have not had troubles than have. I know it sucks to be on the lemon list but these smokers really are good, just give Bradley a chance to make it right. It really is the 0s to have suppliers that you can't rely on and that is what Bradley is going threw right now but they are trying hard to get this fixed. And they maybe on to the fix now.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

JEBinFL

Quote from: Quarlow on September 17, 2011, 08:40:00 AM
Hey bigbird, unless it is Diamonds or Ruby's you will never be able to justify the cost to them female units.  :D :D :D
JEBinFL I am not rubbing it in your face or anything I am just saying, more of us have not had troubles than have. I know it sucks to be on the lemon list but these smokers really are good, just give Bradley a chance to make it right. It really is the 0s to have suppliers that you can't rely on and that is what Bradley is going threw right now but they are trying hard to get this fixed. And they maybe on to the fix now.
Oh believe me when I say, I absolutely LOVE my smoker! I truely am impressed by the product, it is unfortunate that they got wrapped up in a 0ty partnership for the heating element! As I stated in my previous post I am kinda glad to see that im not the only one dealing with the issue, because that means it will/probably already has gotten the companies attention and that means they will rectify if they want to keep their reputation as a great smoker builder.....long story short I have faith ill be taken care of! thats difference in buying a cheap smoker or a more expensive smoker....the companies tend to stand behind their product!

taviboi2011

These problems with the smoker are not good, I am looking to buy my first smoker it was going to be a Bradley but now I am really uncomfortable about buying this model !!!

As surely they are working on a NEW Improved model or a complete re design???

Would be nice for a comment from the company as they must monitor this forum?

I shall wait and see what happens in the next couple of months.

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: taviboi2011 on September 17, 2011, 11:20:52 AM
These problems with the smoker are not good, I am looking to buy my first smoker it was going to be a Bradley but now I am really uncomfortable about buying this model !!!

Looks like you perfected the art of 'cut and paste".  :)

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

KyNola

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on September 17, 2011, 01:19:54 PM
Quote from: taviboi2011 on September 17, 2011, 11:20:52 AM

Looks like you perfected the art of 'cut and paste".  :)
You got that right Habs.  3 times in 3 different sections of the forum. 

Dude, we heard you!

waterkc

First let me say Bigbirdoffroad, Thanks your service to our country man.

Secondly Bradley is nothing but a company that stands behind what they make.  Bottom Line --> THEY STAND BEHIND THERE PRODUCT. PERIOD!

I have also found that here vendors do the same.

Tell the Miss's the quest for the perfect piece of meat doesn't come with out some blood and tears. Have another beer and and enjoy once its back online.

Its about Turkey Smoking Time. muhaaa

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and loose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. - Abraham Lincoln."