• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Plastic On My OBS Door Has Cracked

Started by Smokin Sparky, September 20, 2011, 04:02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokin Sparky

This last weekend while I was getting my OBS ready to smoke some riblets I noticed that the plastic moulding on the lower left hand side was loose.  When I looked closer I found that It was not only cracked but had broken off completely.  I also noticed that my faceplate was developing cracks in it as well.  I decided to smoke anyway and that I would call Bradley first thing Monday.

When I called Bradley the customer rep. was very pleasant and said that they were experiencing quite a few cracked faceplates.  She then went on to say that they had discovered that during manufacturing that the screws that held the faceplate were being overtightened during assembly.  When the plastic heated up during the smoking process, it would expand and with no give would cause the faceplate to crack. She suggested that when I put the new faceplate on to tighten the screws and then to back them off 1/2 a turn.

She said that they will FedEx a new faceplate and door and that they are including instructions to remove.and replace.the door.

I cannot begin to express my pleasure with Bradley Smokers and the way that they stand behind their products.  Even though there have been a few problems, I would not hesitate to purchase another Bradley Smoker.

;D ;D ;D ;D ; ;D

Never be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the ark.
Professionals built the Titanic.

muebe

Sounds like a logical reason for the cracking. Thanks for sharing ;D
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)