• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

IceMan's Set-UP with WoW Factor Included!!

Started by Oldman, December 07, 2005, 06:05:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

I now understand why he calls himself IceMan.  Nice set up to say the least.

<b>Click To Enlarge All Pictures</b>

Salmon Jerky

Salmon Jerky

Back of Smoker

Front of Smoker

Now this is what I call a set up~~!

Inside of Smoker

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

liquid25

I think I just pooped my pants a little bit.

Kummok

WOW!....a GEN-YEW-WINE Alaskan, Iceman. You do smokers proud with that set-up and this Homeroid salmon smoker bows in humble adoration!![:p][:D]

You obviously didn't garner that collection of SS from the Alaska Butcher Supply in Mountainview.....is there a restaurant supplier in ANC that I need to know about for my next Costco supply run?!?!? [:D]

P.S.
Is that a full curl mount behind the window glare in the first photo?[;)]

(edited to add P.S. after looking at enlarged pics)

35 years of extinguishing smoking stuff and now I'm wondering WHY!
Kummok @ Homer, AK USA

Gordon

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by liquid25</i>
<br />I think I just pooped my pants a little bit.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

You may want to get that checked out....I am pretty sure that is not supposed to happen.

Gordo

iceman

Good eyes Kummok. That is a beauty of a mount but the boss lady says it and the other mounts can go somewhere else pronto. Dang! Now I'll have to look at some goofy pictures on the wall instead.[:(] The smoker is the 6th one I put together since last summer. I think I'll keep this one and build one more two door for cold smoking and doing jerky then call it quits. I can keep a look out for S.S. cabinets for you if your looking for some. I have an in with a bunch of the HVAC guys up here and they scavange for me. Thanks for the compliments. [8D]<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Kummok</i>
<br />WOW!....a GEN-YEW-WINE Alaskan, Iceman. You do smokers proud with that set-up and this Homeroid salmon smoker bows in humble adoration!![:p][:D]

You obviously didn't garner that collection of SS from the Alaska Butcher Supply in Mountainview.....is there a restaurant supplier in ANC that I need to know about for my next Costco supply run?!?!? [:D]

P.S.
Is that a full curl mount behind the window glare in the first photo?[;)]

(edited to add P.S. after looking at enlarged pics)

35 years of extinguishing smoking stuff and now I'm wondering WHY!
Kummok @ Homer, AK USA

Bassman

<b>HOLY CRAP!!!!</b>[:0] What a set up! Thats so pretty I feel a tear well'n up! Beautiful house too!

<i><font color="blue"><b>Jack</i></font id="blue"></b>
Jack

MallardWacker

Well that does it....a trip to the confessional....Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors set-up. Simply envious!

Just a side note to <b>liquid25</b>, your quote with the combination of your handle does worry me.<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by liquid25</i>
<br />I think I just pooped my pants a little bit.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

ritzdeliman

DUDE...that is the sweetest thing ever.I guess I'll have to move to alaska because obviously that is where dreams come true. Nice setup.
Ritzdeliman

iceman

Thanks for the nice things you've said about the smoker guys. Yer gonna make my head swell up and I'm gonna start thinking I done proud. Thanks to Olds I got to share this with everyone. Olds, When it warms up a little be expecting some kippered Copper River Red smoked salmon from Goose Bay Company (My new little store).

Thunder Fish

Iceman ,just wondering what that cabinet was in it's first life?......(another HVAC guy........)

oguard

Sweet set up Iceman.If only I had the time....
I was thinking the same thing as thunderfish

Mike

Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it
Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it.

bighoof

iceman

Hi guys; The cabinet was a Traulsen Blast Chiller and the doors were off an old True unit. I had the foam insulation tested to make sure it could handle the heat before I started. Some of the older units had formaldihide as a blow agent in the foam and that is a no no for sure. I had to put new stainless panels on the inside of the doors because they were plastic. The heat control is a Johnson Control remote bulb thermostat with a 5 degree differential and I used a Paragon 24 hour time switch to run the smoke generator. Pretty staight forward and everything is mechanical as apposed to electronic so I have less to worry about in extreme weather changes. I had RTC custom make the heating elements and mounted them to full size baker pans with eye bolts so they could move around when they heat and cool. I originally was using perforated bun pans to smoke on but they were such a pain in the a__ to clean I switched to wire racks and use PAM spray on them and toss them in the dishwasher when I'm done. The heat difference from top to bottom rack is right at 10 degrees in cold weather and almost 0 at about 50 degees. Hope this was useful information for you folks.

Thunder Fish

Iceman,thanks for the info. beautifull unit with a very surprising temp loss[8)]