• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Canada Bacon

Started by Keymaster, October 08, 2011, 09:55:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keymaster

Ok, this Canadian Bacon was inspired by Kynola's Post on his bacon he was/is curing. I did not have any Morton tenderquick so Kynola pointed me to Habs post on making your own with #1 Cure http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?441-Basic-Dry-Cure-Morton-s-Tender-Quick-substitute  I rubbed that stuff all over the Tender Loin added some brown sugar, onion and garlic powder and stuck it in the fridge for five days massaging it twice a day and flipping it. Today I took it out and soaked it in a tub of water for an hour changing the water three times. Then I dried it off and stuck it in the fridge for an hour uncovered. I sprinkled Johnnys " Jamaican me crazy" seasoning on one of the Loins which is salt free. Got them in the smoker at 225° F with 2 hours of Pecan smoke and plan on Taking them to an Internal temp of 155°-160°F to be fully cooked. Anyone feel free to chime in about my Temps, this is my first time ;)

More pics to follow.....

devo

All I got to say is why is that V-tray so dam clean, its hurting my eyes  8)

Keymaster

Quote from: devo on October 08, 2011, 09:59:20 AM
All I got to say is why is that V-tray so dam clean, its hurting my eyes  8)
Brillo pads my friend, Brillo pads ;D

Keymaster

All done and taste Great :) :) :)

devo

Looks excellent my friend. That didn't take long. As always great job.

mikecorn.1

That looks pretty darn good. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

Quarlow

Hey you are suppose to let it rest in the fridge for a day. >:( But I can't wait either. Just to damn tasty. Nice color on it.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

muebe

That looks great Key :)
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

ghost9mm

Key ya did good....now thats some really good lookin C Bacon...that and some eggs over easy and some homemade bread...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

SiFumar

Mighty fine job you did!  Enoy, enjoy!

Keymaster

The Finally ;) Best Dinner I had in a long time, Eggs Bennidict with Hash Browns Covered in Hollindaise sauce :o

classicrockgriller

Oh My!

You just killed me with that pic!

My kind of Eats.

northof60girl

X2...my favorite breakfast.  Turned out great!  Good job. 

jiggerjams

SiFumar

On the money with that dinner!