• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Crap Heating Elements!

Started by JoeKS, October 08, 2011, 03:43:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeKS

Just had my 2nd heating element go out in less then 10 smokes. The 1st one lasted about 25 hrs. Took the whole machine back and they gave me a new one. This element just went out today after 3 smokes or about 18 hours. Love finishing a smoke in the oven.

Bradley owners obviosuly have to get used to the oven.

WHAT A JOKE!! Couldnt give me a new Bradley!

mikecorn.1

Man that socks!!  Gonna barge in here if ya dont mind. Could someone answer me this. I got an extra element about a month ago to dual out mine. I have never had any issues with mine. A little over 2
Years. Are the so called bad batch inside smokers already that are still on shelves in stores or can they also strike up when ordering one by itself. Got mine from y&p.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

Chili Head

Im sure the bad ones have been pulled that were to be used as replacements but there are some still in units that are on the shelves. Im sure Bradley will be in to answer your question though.

cajunboudreaux

Joe, I had a problem right out of the box. I wasn't happy to say the least. Bradley will make it right. I wouldn't go back to the store being that some may have sat on the shelf and be an old batch. Call bradleys 1800 number and let them send you a new element. I have had the Bradley smoker for over 15 years, the last one lasted 12 years with not one single issue. I just happend to get a bad one in the box after my 12year old one got stolen. I have a few smokers and for the price and performance you can't be it. I was just in your shoes a few weeks back. Call Bradley and let them fix you up. Besure and have your serial number handy and make sure you register it if you decide to keep it.. Good luck and I hope you get things fixed right.
Laissez les bon temps rouler

classicrockgriller

Bobby gave you some good info.

Give Bradley a Call and let them send you new Element.

The source that made all the bad elements does not make elements for Bradley anymore.

But they are new smokers in stores with Bad elements. The problem has been solved but

taking it back to the store and getting a new smoker may not solve your problem. I think

if you get a good element and get some smokes under your belt, you will love your smoker.

dubob

I bought all of my Bradley Smokers from Cabela's in Lehi, UT.  The first one has the Original and it worked great with no problems for 3 years.  In 2010, I moved up to a Digital model and the heating element went out after 4 or 5 uses.  I took the whole unit back to the store and got a replacement digital unit.  That was in April of this year.  I used it about 6 or 7 times and the heating element went out.  This time I knew about the bad elements from finding this forum so I called Bradley and gave them the model number and serial number and they sent a new element immediately.  Very friendly service gal and knew immediately that my unit had one of the bad elements.  I haven't had occasion to use it yet, but plan on doing some duck and goose jerky in the next week or so.

The bottom line is that there are still some smoker units in store warehouses that have the bad elements but Bradley will make it right with a toll free phone call to them.  The Bradley is still a great product to own in my opinion.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 77 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men don't ask permission to bear arms." ― Glen Aldrich
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ― Dr. Seuss