Deer

Started by Keymaster, October 12, 2011, 11:40:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keymaster

I am out at McChord working today and ran into these guys.

Not quite ready for the smoker ;D

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

OU812

The rut must be startin, the big boys and girls are in the trees.  ;)

Ka Honu

Quote from: Keymaster on October 12, 2011, 11:40:31 AM
I am out at McChord working today and ran into these guys...

Not quite ready for the smoker...

They'd be ready if you "ran into" them a little harder.

Keymaster

Quote from: Ka Honu on October 12, 2011, 06:03:03 PM
Quote from: Keymaster on October 12, 2011, 11:40:31 AM
I am out at McChord working today and ran into these guys...

Not quite ready for the smoker...

They'd be ready if you "ran into" them a little harder.
LMAO I wish I had a real camera instead of my cell phone. This was across the street from a school we shut down nine years ago and i make a weekly trip to go check for Vandalism (yes theres lots for a air force base), Plumbing leaks, security and anything out of the ordinary. Those deer are pretty tame living on base I think the Base familys might feed them. I must have seen 50 deer today On Base, but no Buck

Quarlow

Oh no the Bucks gone AWOL. Call the MP's.  ;D neat pics. There are 2 deer that I see almost everyday in a field along the I-5 between Mt. Vernon and Bellingham Washington.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

NePaSmoKer

Quarlow

I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

DisplacedCoonass

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on October 12, 2011, 08:02:40 PM
Quote from: NePaSmoKer on October 12, 2011, 07:27:04 PM
BANG

1S1K

They are on Base Rick!! it is

THWAP!!

1S1KNS
Took me a second until I went back and saw who made the posts, then all became clear. 

tsquared

Around here at the moment it's my wife vs the deer herd. The little ba#$%#ds are making a determined assault on the fence line to get at our apple orchard. Our island deer are small and you would not believe the small holes they wriggle through or under to get onto our property. Can't shoot here--too urban but bow hunting is looking better and better.
T2

TedEbear

About 10 or so years ago our company finished putting up a fence all the way around the perimeter of the property.  We're talking probably a mile or more worth of fencing. Anyway, part of the enclosed area is wooded plus some meadows. 

When they put up the fence there were some deer that became trapped inside.  The herd has grown to over 50 at last count.  I've personally counted 43 grazing in the meadow. No cell phones or cameras are permitted in that area or I'd take some pics. 

During the winter I sometimes bring in apples, quarter them and slip them through the chainlink fence.  I've gotten some of the younger deer to come up and take them out of my hand through the fence.  Way cool. We've been told to not feed them but I figure a couple of apples now and then won't matter.

justpete

Quote from: TedEbear on October 13, 2011, 07:12:37 AM
About 10 or so years ago our company finished putting up a fence all the way around the perimeter of the property.  We're talking probably a mile or more worth of fencing. Anyway, part of the enclosed area is wooded plus some meadows. 

When they put up the fence there were some deer that became trapped inside.  The herd has grown to over 50 at last count.  I've personally counted 43 grazing in the meadow. No cell phones or cameras are permitted in that area or I'd take some pics. 

During the winter I sometimes bring in apples, quarter them and slip them through the chainlink fence.  I've gotten some of the younger deer to come up and take them out of my hand through the fence.  Way cool. We've been told to not feed them but I figure a couple of apples now and then won't matter.
Should make them taste real good.  ;)

Keymaster

Must be a high fence teddebear

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk