Muebe Nuggets Question

Started by zueth, October 13, 2011, 12:28:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zueth

Goign to do 5 lbs of stew meat, do you just mix the 1 tsp of cure #1 with soy voy and meat?  or do you need to mix cure #1 with water first then add to meat with soy vay?

Keymaster

When i did muebe nuggets I mixed the cure with water first the mixed that in with the soy vay real good. About a quarter cup of h2o is all or less.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

DTAggie

I'm sitting here trying to remember if I mixed in water of just the soy vay.  I am thinking a little water then into soy vay then marinade.

muebe

Quote from: Keymaster on October 13, 2011, 01:51:45 PM
When i did muebe nuggets I mixed the cure with water first the mixed that in with the soy vay real good. About a quarter cup of h2o is all or less.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

That is what I do also ;D
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

zueth

Thanks, do you marinate overnight?

Keymaster

I soaked overnight, I did get questioning on another forum as to why i did not cure longer like five days. I think cure number 1 is ready to go right out of the gate once mixed but i am no expert.

muebe

Quote from: zueth on October 13, 2011, 06:06:09 PM
Thanks, do you marinate overnight?

I use a vacuum marinator so I only give them a 4 to 6 hour rest in the fridge.

The cure#1 is pretty instant and so the meat does not need to soak overnight.

You can give them an overnight rest if you like. It might give them a stronger Soy Vay flavor ;D
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)