• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Double Trouble

Started by GusRobin, October 19, 2011, 06:44:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GusRobin

Went to the ER with severe pains and found out that I am the proud owner of a large kidney stone. So I am sitting at home drinking water and trying to pass it. The double trouble part is with the pain pills (that don't seem to cover it all) I can't drink away the pain. Better pass by Friday as I want to make the Nepas recipe for pepperoni this weekend.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

SouthernSmoked

Hey Gus, just thinking out loud here, maybe you're drinking the wrong kind of water.

;D ;D ;D HickĀ“up! Burp!!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

Keymaster

Sorry to hear that Gus, I understand the passing process is quite painful. Hopefully its a small one

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

beefmann

sorry to hear that... hope it passes  quickly

Tenpoint5

I feel for you my friend. Did they even offer to blast it with any radio waves to try and get it to break up so it would pass easier? You will probably be needing a new towel bar on the back of the toilet when you pass it! I crushed the one we had when I passed mine and it was a small one.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

ghost9mm

Gus my friend, I know the pain you have very well, I have had 5 surgeries since 1964 and have passed so many that I spend 10 days at John Hopkins in 1977 while they tried to come up with a answer as to why so many stones, never did come up with the answer, the last stone was this past Janurary and the stone was given the lipotripsy and that busted up the stone so the pieces could pass, that was a hell of lot better then the surgeries...good luck my friend....
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

Sailor

I have never given birth to a pet rock and I hope I never do.  I hope you pass it without too much pain.  Man I do feel for you. 

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

pensrock

i never passed one but had one once and it hurt like he77. they went in and took it out, glad I was out when they did that. but felt great afterwards. they had no way of breaking them up back then. get well soon.

Caneyscud

Man, I hope I never.  I do feel for you - had problem with gall stones and I know that wasn't fun, but nothing like kidney stones probably are. 
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

sparky1

i hope all goes well for ya my friend.   :)
26.75 OTG
18.5 WSM

NePaSmoKer

Wildcat

I feel for ya. I have passed several. Doctor told me to keep my caffine at a minimum. It worked. Have not had one in 2 years now.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

TMB

Gus so sorry to hear about this. I know those things hurt real bad and if there is anything you need call me. 

If fire water is needed like Mark said I can get you whatever you need!!   ;) 
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

SiFumar

Oh wow ....feel better soon!  I never understood why they make you guys suffer by trying to pass them!

GusRobin

Quote from: SiFumar on October 19, 2011, 03:27:57 PM
Oh wow ....feel better soon!  I never understood why they make you guys suffer by trying to pass them!
A plot by the female population to try to give us a taste of childbirth.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.