• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

the ppl here are fantastic

Started by sparky1, October 19, 2011, 08:58:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparky1

i posted some pork butts recently and stated that i never really like the flavor profile of any of my butts.  i have tried different rubs, inject or not, wrap and let sit in frig or not (only tried that once so far).  there is alot to it to make a very good butt.  i do have some new spices coming this week that i am looking forward to using from ya'll recommendations (salt lick, head country, john henrys pecan).  should be fun.  ok, back to the pt.  since my post 2 ppl have pmed me and given ideas on how to make a better butt.  how cool it that.   i am fairly new here but the support is outstanding.  i don't even own a bradley.  your ppl are great and i am very happy to be part of this great forum.  i belong to 5 forums or so.  this is one of the best in my opinion.   8)
26.75 OTG
18.5 WSM

Tenpoint5

I have to agree Sparky. The folks on this forum are some of the best folks around. The best part is there isn't any attitudes or Ego's to deal with. Everyone is her for the same reason. To make the best smoked foods that we can. We can take pride in the fact that making sure everyone else is getting all the help that they can get so they too can have the best smoking experience that they can Have. We even have a little fun at each others expense once in a great while. Someday you may even come to the realization that I informed you of the proper way to cook ribs long before you ever tried the brown sugar and butter thing!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

sparky1

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on October 19, 2011, 09:12:23 AMWe even have a little fun at each others expense once in a great while. Someday you may even come to the realization that I informed you of the proper way to cook ribs long before you ever tried the brown sugar and butter thing!!

lol, see.  we all know that isn't true.  your just jealous of my excellent ribs.  lol.  i told ya i would teach ya.   ;)
26.75 OTG
18.5 WSM

cajunboudreaux

Good People forsure. Sparky I have been doing PorkButts for a long time and love the way I do them. Just when you think you have something perfected someone gives you that little tip that sets you back in your seat thinking Hmmmmmm?? maybe i should try that. And i can say after reading all the different ways these folks do their butts I have changed mine slightly and love it even more.. I have learned alot in just being here a short period of time and appreciate all the help. I agree this is a great forum with alot of good peeps.. Always fun experimenting with new things...
Laissez les bon temps rouler

mikecorn.1

Quote from: sparky1 on October 19, 2011, 08:58:10 AM
i posted some pork butts recently and stated that i never really like the flavor profile of any of my butts.  i have tried different rubs, inject or not, wrap and let sit in frig or not (only tried that once so far).  there is alot to it to make a very good butt.  i do have some new spices coming this week that i am looking forward to using from ya'll recommendations (salt lick, head country, john henrys pecan).  should be fun.  ok, back to the pt.  since my post 2 ppl have pmed me and given ideas on how to make a better butt.  how cool it that.   i am fairly new here but the support is outstanding.  i don't even own a bradley.  your ppl are great and i am very happy to be part of this great forum.  i belong to 5 forums or so.  this is one of the best in my opinion.   8)
Hey sparky, can you send me the info you got on how to make'm betta. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

beefmann

good people and a lot of good information

GusRobin

Quote from: mikecorn.1 on October 19, 2011, 09:41:14 AM
Quote from: sparky1 on October 19, 2011, 08:58:10 AM
Hey sparky, can you send me the info you got on how to make'm betta. :D

Or post for all to see
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

sparky1

it was about using butcher bbq pork injections.  from both ppl.  it is to expensive for me to use.  i might have to give it a try if i can find some locally.  the shipping cost just has much as the product sometimes.  no bueno....
26.75 OTG
18.5 WSM

mikecorn.1

Quote from: sparky1 on October 19, 2011, 10:30:43 AM
it was about using butcher bbq pork injections.  from both ppl.  it is to expensive for me to use.  i might have to give it a try if i can find some locally.  the shipping cost just has much as the product sometimes.  no bueno....
Tell me
About it. Just
Got some country Treet $16.95. S/h $11. :(

Mike

NePaSmoKer

Thanks sparky

Now ya did it and gave everyone big heads and busted arms from patting themselves on the back  ;D ;D

KyNola

Hey Sparky, give this a shot.  Trim the fat cap off of the butt.  Next, slather molasses all over the butt and apply some of that Head Country and Salt Lick to it.  Go straight into the smoker with it.  No need to let it rest overnight.  Played around with this until I got it like I like it.  With the fat cap gone and the molasses on it you will get a fantastic bark.  Don't foil it.  Let it go uncovered the entire time.  Don't worry about it drying out with the fat cap gone.  There is plenty of fat in the butt to keep it moist. 

Even STC uses molasses as his glue now.  In my opinion if STC uses something it must be good.

Keymaster

Quote from: mikecorn.1 on October 19, 2011, 10:48:46 AM
Tell me
About it. Just

Would that be the same as Carolina treet but better cause its made in the country ;D ?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

mikecorn.1

Quote from: Keymaster on October 19, 2011, 02:30:09 PM
Quote from: mikecorn.1 on October 19, 2011, 10:48:46 AM
Tell me
About it. Just

Would that be the same as Carolina treet but better cause its made in the country ;D ?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
Yep. Way better :D. Dam iPhone. I shall leave it as country treet :D.

Mike

RIP-ROD

I agree as well. I have just been registered since May and have just been creeping around reading all the posts and gathering info on all that is smoked and I have yet seen an instance where someone was rude or unhelpful to someone else.
Great forum IMHO
Great forum members

mikecorn.1

Quote from: RIP-ROD on October 20, 2011, 08:52:55 AM
I agree as well. I have just been registered since May and have just been creeping around reading all the posts and gathering info on all that is smoked and I have yet seen an instance where someone was rude or unhelpful to someone else.
Great forum IMHO
Great forum members
Hey you. Is this your first post or the other one where you introduced yourself. :D. I thought I seen this name b4 :D

Mike