• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

I Got Me a Box (1 of 2)

Started by ArnieM, October 20, 2011, 02:20:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArnieM

I been bad.  But, I can justify it - honest.  :P

I got a shiny new laptop.  Now I can sit in the family room watching NCIS and Food Network reruns while perusing the forum.

My digital camera is 10 years old, my 'old' computer is a 7 year old Dell mid-tower and I don't own a cell phone.  I was craving new technology.  Hey, I still use the DOS command box.

-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

beefmann

OU812

Niiiiiiiice.

Keep that charger close by, them batteries only last around 4 hr.  ;D

ghost9mm

Nice Arnie...great forum on that there screen...ya did good...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

mikecorn.1

Bout time for me to replace mine. That's a good one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

Caneyscud

Next thing you know Arnie is going to have a mac, an ipad, and an iphone to go with a Boxter. 
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

ArnieM

Curt - Battery goes about six hours based on testing last night but both the computer and I took a nap.  ;)

Mike - I'm not selling anything but ...  This thing went for $379 on Buy.com, a refurb that looks like new.  17" screen, 2 core processor that just came out in June, 4 GB main memory, 640 GB drive, camera and the rest of the stuff.  Screen is 1600x900, better than most.  I've been into computers for too many years and it was just too good to pass up.
-- Arnie

ArnieM

Quote from: Caneyscud on October 20, 2011, 04:19:34 PM
Next thing you know Arnie is going to have a mac, an ipad, and an iphone to go with a Boxter.

No mac, too much $$$ but I do have a lot of respect for Apple.  Did you ever hear of a Lisa?

The iPad doesn't have sufficient heat settings for my back  ;D

An iPhone?  No one calls me.

I got two boxes - no Boxster required though I did seriously look at one once when I could still get into and out of it.  Then there was the Jag XKE.
-- Arnie

mikecorn.1

Nice deal. That battery will deteriorate the longer you have it. Like any rechargeable battery. Mine is down to less than an hour now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

ArnieM

Quote from: mikecorn.1 on October 20, 2011, 04:30:01 PM
Nice deal. That battery will deteriorate the longer you have it. Like any rechargeable battery. Mine is down to less than an hour now.

Agreed.  I usually run with AC power.  The amount of shot batteries in landfills scares the hell outa me.  But, that's another story.
-- Arnie

Keymaster

Does that have a camera that faces you so you can check up on yerself, My Samsung does ;D Nice Laptop Arnie!!!!

ArnieM

Quote from: Keymaster on October 20, 2011, 04:43:50 PM
Does that have a camera that faces you so you can check up on yerself, My Samsung does ;D Nice Laptop Arnie!!!!

Yes, it does.  I haven't figured out to use it yet.  I'm not sure I'd want to.  I wonder what YouTube category that would go into  :-\
-- Arnie

squirtthecat

Nice!   HP/Compaq is the only 'name brand' laptops I will buy...   (as I type on my 6 year old Compaq - hooked to shore power)

GusRobin

Quote from: squirtthecat on October 20, 2011, 05:43:50 PM

Nice!   HP/Compaq is the only 'name brand' laptops I will buy...   (as I type on my 6 year old Compaq - hooked to shore power)
Better hurry, I thought I read where they are getting out of the home PC business.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

muebe

Nice laptop Arnie!

I just got my wife a new laptop in August for her birthday. A fully loaded Toshiba with a i7 core. My netbook I use looks so tiny next to it ;D
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)