• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

So, who actually does the cooking???

Started by ArnieM, October 20, 2011, 09:21:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArnieM

I could have set this up as a poll but figured the comments would be interesting as well as possibly useful in divorce settlements  :-X

So, who cooks?  I'm not talking about major holiday events but instead our everyday needs; cold cereal doesn't count.

Do you do the 'main' course?  Side dishes?  During the week or Sundays for company only?  Who chops and peels?  Who washes all of those dirty bowls on the counter?  Do we work together?  (Where the hell are the onions?)

So, lay it on.  How do we work and get along together?

Please be forthright and honest - my wife is looking over my shoulder.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

GusRobin

She does the "normal" cooking, I do the BBQing and such. I usually make breakfast on weekends. We usually share the clean-up.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

muebe

Quote from: GusRobin on October 20, 2011, 09:29:25 PM
She does the "normal" cooking, I do the BBQing and such. I usually make breakfast on weekends. We usually share the clean-up.

I agree with Gus! It is the same at my house... (Ouch honey! Stop twisting my arm! I agree with him)  ;D
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

SiFumar

I do it all..Cooking, grilling, smoking.  I usually do all the prep too, but I have been training hubby as sous chef ;D, I do all the clean up too.

GusRobin

Quote from: SiFumar on October 20, 2011, 09:38:51 PM
I do it all..Cooking, grilling, smoking.  I usually do all the prep too, but I have been training hubby as sous chef ;D, I do all the clean up too.
Will you marry me?
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Rainmaker

Since I retired, I do all the cooking.   I call it my hobby which means I can buy "hobby tools".  My wife complains I won't let her in the kitchen.  She does the cleanup.  On nights when we have guests and there is a lot of cleanup, I walk the dog, then come home and help her. 

RossP

I do most of the cooking. I met my wife and cooked one dish for her and that was it. I love to cook, that way I always get what I want. I cook lots of different styles from cajun to indian to chinese. Love to try new things, have a mess of spices.
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

La Quinta

I am the same as SiFumar...but I'm not sure my hubby is trainable anymore!!! But I'm ok with that!!! He likes to go to the market...I hate shopping!!! I know...I'm a weird girl!!! It works for us...

deb415611

I do it all just like SiFumar & LQ but my husband is not in training to be my sous chef and does not go to the market..........

when my son is home for school breaks he does some meals,  he's loves the traeger and weber kettle

FLBentRider

The Mrs does most of the indoor cooking.

I do all of the outdoor cooking.

We have teenagers for cleanup, which means we (the Mrs and I) do it most of the time.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

KyNola

Outside cooking belongs to me.  Inside cooking and cleaning, we pretty much do it together.  We both enjoy being in the kitchen and work pretty well together.

Keymaster

I think the wife carries 95% of the kitchen duties. Even when I BBQ she is still in the house making the side dishes usually. She also works full time as I do. I mow the lawn and take the garbage out if that counts for anything ;)

Sailor

Kids are all gone so it is just the wife and I.  She does the weekday cooking and I do the weekend cooking.  We both do the clean up.  When I make sausage or use the grinder she is right behind me washing up the things that I get dirty.  She is a wonderful woman for sure.

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

beefmann

its shared  here, we all cook, and  do the cleaning.... who  ever  cooks... the others due the  clean up...

smoker pete

I do all the cooking ... She does all the cleaning ...  ;D ;D

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl