• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Unusual Box

Started by Habanero Smoker, October 22, 2011, 02:58:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habanero Smoker

I received an unusual box Thursday that I thought was very noteworthy. I went down to my mailbox, and a package was in it. When I took it out of the mailbox, I quickly wish that I had driven my car to pick up the mail. It was very heavy for its size. Looking at the return address, I knew who it was from. Thanks Chris.

The package was a standard USPS priority mail box, and opening the box revealed another box, with a business card tape on it; "The Meadows". Because of its weight and shape I figured it was a decorative paving stone.

After opening the interior box, I soon realized what it was, because I've been looking at them off and on for about six months. "Wow!! I got a Himalayan Salt Block". With a Himalayan Salt Block, you can use it cold to season foods by  laying them on the block for a period of time, or you can heat the block over a range, grill or under the broiler; once heated you can cook food on the block. You can also use it hot or cold to serve food

Once I figure how to use it and get the technique down, I will have to force myself to post more pictures.  :)

Thanks again.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

squirtthecat

I'll be interested to hear what you think about it!   I've been looking at them as well...

pensrock

nice score, i have only seen them once on the food network.  :)

3rensho

Cool, looking forward to your experience with that.  I'd never heard of such a thing.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

Mr Walleye

Congrats Habs!  ;)

I have never used one either. I must watch the shows on TV as Pens because that's where I.ve seen them before too.  :D

Looking forward to hearing how you make out with it Habs.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

FLBentRider

Very Nice!

These are interesting.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

mikecorn.1

Pretty cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

iceman

OU812

Interesting.

Will be looking for posts of ya experimenting with that rock.

Tenpoint5

Have fun with that baby. I am just glad it arrived in one piece. On the bright side you wasn't the mailman carrying that in your mail pouch all morning!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

ArnieM

Neat.  Also curious to see what you're gonna do with it.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Chili Head

You could line a small room with those and age some beef :D

Habanero Smoker

I have some reading to do, but will definitely get working on this.

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on October 22, 2011, 08:19:02 AM
Have fun with that baby. I am just glad it arrived in one piece. On the bright side you wasn't the mailman carrying that in your mail pouch all morning!!

I did notice an different mailman delivering the mail on Friday.  :)

Quote from: Chili Head on October 22, 2011, 08:31:28 AM
You could line a small room with those and age some beef :D

That may be closer to fact then you think.  :) I saw one reference on how to make gravlax on the block.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

squirtthecat

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on October 23, 2011, 01:35:12 AM
That may be closer to fact then you think.  :) I saw one reference on how to make gravlax on the block.

Watching this closely!!

viper125

Well never heard of one or saw one before. But if it's for making meat I'm interested. Be looking forward to how and what to do with it.
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.