• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

mother load

Started by viper125, October 22, 2011, 10:07:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper125

Had to share this. I moved in here 3and years ago and me and the neighbor have got pretty tight. But didn't realize how much. He came over today and said I could have his equipment. I am setting a place to hot and cold smoke in the garage. Now he's giving me a Holbart grinder, Holbart slicer, a nice cast iron stuffer, and a slicer. He bought out a butcher shop and these are all commercial grade. I feel like Christmas come early this year. He only used it once a year now i'll do it for him. He's in his 70' s and his children takes no interest in him or smoking. Now that's a good friend id say.
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

Keymaster

Wow,what a score!!! Make sure and post some pics when you get it all setup.

classicrockgriller

I see some More quality time being spent with a friend.

That is awesome.

beefmann

GusRobin

Nice score. I think I will show this to my neighbors and ask them when are they going to get with the program!
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

ghost9mm

What a great neighbor...he must think a lot of you.. and that's a good thing....like I tell folks from time to time...I have friends and I have acquaintances.... :D
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

Chili Head

That's a true friend and neighbor!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sailor

I think it is Karma!  I bet you have made his life happy in the time that you have known him and he is going to make yours happy.

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

OU812

Quote from: viper125 on October 22, 2011, 10:07:48 AM
Had to share this. I moved in here 3and years ago and me and the neighbor have got pretty tight. But didn't realize how much. He came over today and said I could have his equipment. I am setting a place to hot and cold smoke in the garage. Now he's giving me a Holbart grinder, Holbart slicer, a nice cast iron stuffer, and a slicer. He bought out a butcher shop and these are all commercial grade. I feel like Christmas come early this year. He only used it once a year now i'll do it for him. He's in his 70' s and his children takes no interest in him or smoking. Now that's a good friend id say.

Thats gotta hurt.

What a great gift, I would call him every time I do something with his equepment and send him home with some of the fixins.

OldHickory

I would bet you share some of your good cooking and smoking with this good friend and neighbor.
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

viper125

Well he loves to fish Lake Erie and takes me all the time. Can't get his kids to go.  We do a lot together and I go to sales and things he likes. He just wants company most times. We do hunt a few deer out back the other day he bought a big 250 lb electric feeder for out back of my house. But he don't understand electronics so i have to set every thing up for him. When we get deer we clean and split it and make sausage and split it. He hes shared his smoking and any thing else I  need I'm welcome to. I usually test quality by giving him and others food to taste. After all what is good food if you can't appreciate it with friends. Also the critics just make it a better product. He won't ever have to worry he can't get smoked meat again that's for sure.   But I'm lucky I have several real close friends and this site has so many helpful and friendly people. If I ever get this all set up Ill be sure and show you all. Thanks for the many good reply's.
Inside setup.

SiFumar

It's wonderful he thinks so highly of you!  And nice of you to spend time with him.  The items he gave you is awesome but as so much as your kindness and friendship you give him.  More people should be like you.

FLBentRider

Nice!

I need a friend like that!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Quarlow

Wow, you must be a real special friend to him. Good on you for being his friend like that. My dad had a major stroke 3 yrs ago and he is now in a longterm care home. We use to do alot of stuff together and smoking was one of them. I usually see him on weekends when his wife brings him home for the day but he is wheelchair bound and can't do much more than talk. At least he can do that. I miss all the stuff we did, plus his place is high maintenance and it is all left to me with a bit of help from my oldest brother once and a while.
That was very generous of him to give you his gear, but WoooHooo, nice score. And I agree with Sailor, it is obviously Karma.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

viper125

AW! Shucks guys! Your making me blush! He is a real good guy. People have a hard time talking to him because he's really hard of hearing. So a lot of times he just says yes to whatever. You really need to pay attention and repeat till your sure he understands. Me not being a young pup either 58 I'm starting to get that way too. Looking forward to a long friendship. A little afraid because of his age. But I'm not doing anything the rest of you wouldn't I'm sure. This is the best group of guys I know on any forum. And I have been on the internet ever since it was made public. Also on BBS's before that. Be proud of this site! And yourselves for making it so great I am, and I also let people know of it regularly.
Inside setup.