• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Seemore's Blazing pistachios

Started by Sailor, October 23, 2011, 07:47:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sailor

Been wanting to try these for a while.  Had to call Sonny to hold my hand to make sure I was getting it right  ;D

The players

The instructions say to stir until all coated.  I thinks that is going to be a long time.  Break out the FoodSaver canister and load them up and vac seal and while the Bradley is getting to temp I just roll the canister on the counter.  Boy did liquid get sucked up.  Not much liquid left at all in the canister.  Note to self.  Put a Revco on the Christmas list  ;D

Into the Bradley for some Hickory love

If they taste as good as they smell they may be gone by the end of the day.

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

muebe

Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

GusRobin

Quote from: Sailor on October 23, 2011, 07:47:57 AM
  Had to call Sonny to hold my hand to make sure I was getting it right  ;D

You and Sonny holding hands is not the visual I would prefer first thing in the morning. ;D ;D

You'll love the pistachios. Went out of town to a family wedding last year. Made the mistake of bringing a couple of batches. Now I am "obligated" to send periodic shipments to various family members.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Sailor

Quote from: GusRobin on October 23, 2011, 07:53:58 AM

You and Sonny holding hands is not the visual I would prefer first thing in the morning. ;D ;D

You'll love the pistachios. Went out of town to a family wedding last year. Made the mistake of bringing a couple of batches. Now I am "obligated" to send periodic shipments to various family members.

That is a frighting thought!  ;D

muebe

Quote from: Sailor on October 23, 2011, 07:58:10 AM
Quote from: GusRobin on October 23, 2011, 07:53:58 AM

That is a frighting thought!  ;D

Even more frighting is the fact he has two hands...so where was his other one ::)
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

squirtthecat

Chili Head

I'm doing these today.. I can't take it any longer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sailor

Hot Dang these are good!  I can't believe I waited so long to do these.  My wife is not a spicy person however she loves them! I had them still in the baskets on the frog mats and walked in the kitchen and 1/2 a basket is GONE.  What happened to the nuts?  She said I bagged some up for my brother (she is going to New York Thursday) and she said I ate them.  ;D  I'm a thinkin that I needs to make more. 

Thanks for the recipe Seemore...  They Rock

classicrockgriller

That's the last time I'm holding your Hand. ;D

They are delicious and the recipe is so adaptable to other sauces.

Quote from: squirtthecat on October 23, 2011, 08:03:15 AM

Good stuff!!

X2