• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Vacuum Sealers????

Started by cajunboudreaux, October 26, 2011, 06:34:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cajunboudreaux

In the market for a new Vacuum Sealer, Which ones do you all like best?
Mine is at wits end and time for an early gift to myself.. :D
Laissez les bon temps rouler

mikecorn.1

Foodsaver brand seems to be popular round these parts. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

beefmann

cajunboudreaux

Laissez les bon temps rouler

viper125

I've had 3 food savers and not to happy with them. My problem is usually the seal inside, the fact it just pops out and in but they don't sell them burns me up. Called several times when mine went bad over the years and said they would discount a new one but won't sell the part. Not good service to me. This time I bought a sears brand and so far so good Kenmore I believe.
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

beefmann

i have model V3485. if it  is not available,  i would get one that can handle  11 inch rolls as well as the  8 inch.

was just on food saver website and 3485 appears to be  no longer available . so I would Recommend 3880 which is similar and  on sale for 183.00 and regularly 317.
also order  extra rolls 3 to 5 of the  11 inch and   a few of the  8 inch until you  know how fast you  go through them

NePaSmoKer

Foodsaver Game saver. Made for repetitive sealing and works great. Dual 110v and 12v for field use.

rdevous

If anyone can wait....go to Food Saver's website on Black Friday.  They put up a package of a machine and two square vacuum canisters that can be used to take leftovers for your lunch, last year for $77.00.  That was $100.00 cheaper then Bed Bath & Beyond for the machine only last year.  The deal was still good online for 5 - 6 days after Black Friday!!!  I love my machine AND also the marinater canister I bought separate.

Ray

If you can't smoke it.....you don't need it!!!

viper125

Not sure if all know or not. But I buy my bags in rolls off eBay. 50 ft rolls for under 20 dollars. I tend to use a lot and store prices were killing me.
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

squirtthecat

Quote from: rdevous on October 26, 2011, 08:34:48 AM

If anyone can wait....go to Food Saver's website on Black Friday.  They put up a package of a machine and two square vacuum canisters that can be used to take leftovers for your lunch, last year for $77.00.  That was $100.00 cheaper then Bed Bath & Beyond for the machine only last year.  The deal was still good online for 5 - 6 days after Black Friday!!!  I love my machine AND also the marinater canister I bought separate.

Ray

Ditto.   I still have that on 'in a box' for when my little cheapo clamshell one dies.

I like the Westin bags from Amazon.com..   

ghost9mm

QuoteI like the Westin bags from Amazon.com

Me too...we really like them..
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

SamuelG

Quote from: ghost9mm on October 26, 2011, 08:59:26 AM

QuoteI like the Westin bags from Amazon.com

Me too...we really like them..

X2

But not for liquids, the wont seal.

SamuelG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SamuelG

Shasta bob

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on October 26, 2011, 08:31:57 AM
Foodsaver Game saver. Made for repetitive sealing and works great. Dual 110v and 12v for field use.
Ditto on the game saver this is my secound foodsaver, the other one couldn't handle the work load this one is great.
2 ea. Bradley - OBS
Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Temp Test Intelligent Thermometer
Weber Gensis BBQ
Weber Baby Q
Smoke from thermoworks
Blackstone 4 burner

muebe

No problems with my foodsaver...

I get the bags from Costco. They have a large variety size pack for a great price ;D
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)