Q Board Turkey Jerky

Started by NePaSmoKer, November 07, 2011, 03:13:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Had this ground turkey mixed for a lady at my wifes work before we went to PA. Got it thawed and into the Q jerky board. She wants 5 lbs of warm smokey.

Need a little help on the turkey so it dont stick.

Here we go.

SiFumar

I'd like to see after pics please if ya have them.

Quarlow

Damn that board works good. I am jealous.  ;D ;D ;D That is going to be tasy stuff Rick.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

NePaSmoKer

Quarlow

yum, that is tasty looking jerky. it looks like GB jerky. How is the flavour?
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Quarlow on November 08, 2011, 04:33:33 PM

I only had 1 slice and it was good. My wife said the lady and her kids ate it all.  :o

OU812

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on November 08, 2011, 07:10:54 PM
Quote from: Quarlow on November 08, 2011, 04:33:33 PM

I only had 1 slice and it was good. My wife said the lady and her kids ate it all.  :o

Thats what makes it so much fun.

Looks gooood Rick.

Keymaster

Looks perfect, I bet they ate it all ;)

Quarlow

Holy Hoover. that was fast. Don't have to ask if it was good then.

OBS
BBQ

DTAggie

What are the specs on the board?  I need one of those.

Quarlow

Have to get rick to measure it but I think it was about 6" to 7" wide and around 12" long.  I make the length according to the size of the Bamboo cutting board is that I start with. I cut the routered hand grips of and then  cut the width. The first one I made was fairly wide, that one went to Ten.5. He needed a long knife for it. I think Rick and sonnys are narrower.

OBS
BBQ

NePaSmoKer

Here are some ID measurements.

DTAggie

Thanks.  What is the liquid you used to help peel off the wax paper?

viper125

Can you tell me how deep it is. Looks pretty thick. Also do you cut those before or after smoking? The ones  I tried didn't cut so well uncooked .
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: viper125 on November 09, 2011, 07:28:17 AM
Can you tell me how deep it is. Looks pretty thick. Also do you cut those before or after smoking? The ones  I tried didn't cut so well uncooked .

One side is 1/4" and one side 3/16. Both sides (thickness) when in smoker or dehydrator get done very good.

DT

Thats called peel ease.

http://www.alliedkenco.com/peelease-pint.aspx