Started by rigstar, November 19, 2011, 08:26:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rigstar

hello,
going to ask a couple of stupid questions, but i just can't figure it out
when i click on a link for a recipe on this website, to goto old's place,
a new window opens but it only ever takes me to the home page never directly
to the recipe??
and when i type in a search at the top right to try and find a recipe say for snack sticks
it takes me to a search type page and i click on search and all it ever does is go back to
the same search type page/ is that is because there are no matches or am i doing
something wrong?
any help would be appreciated
thanks
either your in, or your in the f***ing way

devo

I believe Hab's was saying there are still a few wrinkles to work out after the upgrade to the old site.

Mr Walleye

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

rigstar

Quote from: Mr Walleye on November 19, 2011, 08:41:52 AM
This link should get you there...

http://www.susanminor.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?180-Our-Time-Tested-and-Proven-Recipes

Mike

thanks mr w.,
i can get to the website no problem, just seem to be having issues with searching items on there, and when i click on link on here for a recipe there, i am hoping it is because of what
devo said and it'll get cleared up in abit
until then i'll just keep doing what i have been and looking thru each recipe heading in search of new things to try - no biggy
was just curious as i am pretty computer illiterate :-[ , so it wouldn't surprise me if i was doing something wrong

ArnieM

Try this.  Go to http://www.susanminor.org/forums/  Click on "Download Recipes".  You can get everything from the site on your computer.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

rigstar

thanks arnie,
i think i will do that

Mr Walleye

The only thing I will add is the download may not have everything. It depends on when the download file was last updated. Habs usually updates the collection of recipes over a period of time before updating the download file. The main reason is it's a lot of work updating everything so it's more efficient doing it this way.

Mike

rigstar

thanks mr.w
makes sense now,
i have no doubt it takes alot of time, and am VERY THANK-FUL
habs and all the other people who take their personal time to
do the work on here and the recipe site
after my first smoke was such a disaster, i found this website
and all the great help and advice, if not smoker probaby would have
never got used again;lol

rigstar

forgot to ask you mr. w
did you get winter the last 2 days??
at work up in dawson creek 1 foot snow overnight 2 days ago
-20 last night
supposed to be -31 here tonight

Mr Walleye

Quote from: rigstar on November 19, 2011, 09:30:44 AM
forgot to ask you mr. w
did you get winter the last 2 days??
at work up in dawson creek 1 foot snow overnight 2 days ago
-20 last night
supposed to be -31 here tonight

You bet!

It was a rude awaking for sure. We didn't get a foot but certainly enough to cause a little havoc. I think it was around -32 with the windchill last night. -20 this morning with limited wind. It's supposed to be this way through the weekend and by Wed it's supposed to be +7.

Go figure!  ::)

rigstar

I think it was around -32 with the windchill last night. -20 this morning with limited wind. It's supposed to be this way through the weekend and by Wed it's supposed to be +7.

Go figure! 

lol, yup 30 degree temp. change in 3 days, who says you have to goto the caribbeen
in the winter to get that, supposed to be -1 on tues.
updated forecast -32 tonight with approx. 20 km/h wind - gonna be chilly willy at work
tonight around -45 with wind
for our fair weather friends thats about -26* fahrenheit and  -49* with the wind

Habanero Smoker

Since the security update, the only glitch that I've come across is using the FAQ section. When I click on a link, it takes my browser to the post above.

The search engine is not the greatest. I generally get too many hits. I typed in snack sticks and got a lot of hits, many that don't have anything to do with snack sticks. If the search engine can't find the word(s) it will take you to a page that says "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

So I think it may be your browser. If you are using IE8 as a browser try switching to compatibility mode. For the meantime, if you can get to the recipe site, it is fairly easy to navigate. All cured/smoked sausages will be in the sausage section, as are other catagories.

Mike is correct about the download. It hasn't been updated since 9/10. I' working on 2 more recipes, and one mod instruction and hope to have a new update by the end of the month. But to be honest, I've been saying that for 2 months.  :)

To give you an idea of what is not included in the download; any recipe, or informational material that has a green circular arrow are not included in the current download.

If the above doesn't work, let me know.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

rigstar

right-on thanks habs,
i think it is my browser as i am on my work computer and it is very old,
and i can't update do to the program it is running,
i will try when i get home i am sure it will work
thanks

Habanero Smoker

Also if it is a work computer that is connected to a server your company may be placing restrictions on what type of sites you can go to.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

radamo

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /forums/showthread.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/1.3.42 Server at www.susanminor.org Port 80