• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Woweeee, Elk is good stuff!

Started by Flyboyandre, November 20, 2011, 10:40:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flyboyandre

Sorry about the lack of smoking action as of late but retail seems to do that to me every year at this time.
However, I was quick to fire up the OBS when a friend of mine said that he didn't have enough freezer space to store his fresh kill.
Mixed 5 lbs up with Cabelas Pepper Jerky blend and let it sit overnight before loading the jerky gun. Brought some in to work and had to go home to pick up more, leaving only 2 measly bags left for me to snack on here at home.

I also managed to get my 2 burner modification done this weekend and ordered a PID. My new name for the smoker is OBSOS (Original Bradley Smoker On Steroids).  ;D

jiggerjams

Looks good. The gun sure puts a nice edge on the stick.

mikecorn.1

Nice looking jerky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

micman

what style of jerky gun is that, mine slips and slide now when you squeeze it, the teeth on yours looks like it would stop that.

Mick

Flyboyandre

Just a cheapo gun i got at Sportsmans. I havent had any slipping problems at all.

BBQIT

The jerky gun is made by Nesco.  I've had one now for about five years and it's been great.  Nesco has them on sale right now for $19.95.  Here's the link:

http://www.nesco.com/category_12e291b19e72/subcategory_d3464ecf5f0b/

Try their "Cracked Pepper and Garlic" jerky seasoning - it's awsome and the only seasoning I use any more.

MidKnightRider

That's the gun I have, no skip or slip but it is small.
"A Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever."John Adams
The Big Easy
OBS
ProQ Smoke Gererator
Little Chief Front Loader
Chair-Broil Electric Smoker
Thermos Gas Grill
http://www.susanminor.org/forums/index.php
BBQ Evangelist

BBQIT

Nesco makes two sizes of jerky guns.  The one with the white tube is pretty small, but the one with the clear tube holds a full pound of meat.

Tenpoint5

My jerky shooter works pretty good as well. Haven't had any slippage from it. If you load it just right it will hold about 11 pounds   :o

Sorry guys I couldn't resist! ;D ;D
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Flyboyandre

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on November 22, 2011, 04:10:27 PM
My jerky shooter works pretty good as well. Haven't had any slippage from it. If you load it just right it will hold about 11 pounds   :o

Sorry guys I couldn't resist! ;D ;D

Man that is mean! Close up like that? Damn, time to prepare a batch for redemption :)

Tenpoint5

Andre, I made that batch awhile ago using my water powered sausage stuffer.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Flyboyandre

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on November 26, 2011, 05:45:28 AM

Water powered what? I would love to see that thing!

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Flyboyandre on November 26, 2011, 02:13:39 PM

It is locally known as a Kirby Cannon on the Forum. There is several of the forum members that have them. Pikeman_95 makes them if you want to send him a PM for information

Flyboyandre

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on November 26, 2011, 02:30:51 PM
Quote from: Flyboyandre on November 26, 2011, 02:13:39 PM

It is locally known as a Kirby Cannon on the Forum. There is several of the forum members that have them. Pikeman_95 makes them if you want to send him a PM for information

Thanks 10pt5, message was sent right away and he was quick to respond. Looks like i will be making sausages too at some point in the future :)