• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Holiday Cheeses

Started by kickedback, November 24, 2011, 05:08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kickedback

I finally got around to smoking some cheese the other night. It should be ready to eat right around the Holidays. I ended up doing a little over 9 lbs. with apple smoke. I did mild cheddar, sharp cheddar, muenster, hovarti, provolone, pepper jack, and jumping jack. I did learn one thing this time around, don't buy my cheese from Wally World. Their prices were ridiculous. I usually get my cheese from a couple local Amish stores and the quality and prices are way better. I just didn't make it by one of them and ended up paying quite a bit more from WW. Live and learn.

devo

Cool I would like to try that Jumping Jack if you don't mind  :P

ghost9mm

Partner you done real good on that cheese, about this time next month you can crack one of them open and have a good time... :D
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

SouthernSmoked

Very nice assortment of cheese....Well done!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

Tenpoint5

Quote from: ghost9mm on November 24, 2011, 06:25:30 PM
Partner you done real good on that cheese, about this time next month you can crack one of them open and have a good time... :D

Yep and the longer you can wait the better the cheese will be!! I have an order in to my SIL to get me some 3yr old aged White cheddar that I will get and smoke around Christmas. This will be saved for the MWSO in late July early Aug
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Tater

I've read a lot about ageing smoked cheeses.  I see these are vacuum packed.  Do you put these in the fridge or freezer to age?

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Tater on November 26, 2011, 04:52:15 PM
I've read a lot about ageing smoked cheeses.  I see these are vacuum packed.  Do you put these in the fridge or freezer to age?
vacuum packed and in the fridge
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!