Door Seal

Started by waterboy, December 12, 2011, 08:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waterboy

Just unpacked my new 4 rack digital smoker and was surprised to see that the door does not close very well. The door seal does not easily seal with the frame when closed. It feels like there supposed to be a magnetic feature to keep the door closed and sealed but unless I push hard on the upper and lower corners the door does not seal. Does anyone know how this door is supposed to stay closed? Otherwise ther might be alot of heatloss from a bad seal. Thanks.

Dave

Quarlow

Yes it is magnetic. Since you just unpacked it the seal is probably squashed a bit. It should loosen up and seal proper after a bit. It may even take some heat too. You could  maybe lightly steam it with some boiling water, not pouring it on but just using the steam. Others have had this also. In fact mine was a bit wonky when I unpacked it too.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

CoreyMac

My 4 rack door seal leaked a bit on the first smoke along the top. I had to just push on it a bit to get a good seal, after about 3-4 sessions I just close it normally and it seals perfectly. As stated I think it needs a little heat to get it to sit flat again.

GusRobin

They sometimes get squashed in shipping. Just heat up the unit for an hour or so. If it still doesn't work then open the door and pull on it a bit (very lightly don't force) It will eventually loosen up.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.