• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Christmas Cook part trey

Started by GusRobin, December 18, 2011, 12:55:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GusRobin

Have my sister and her family coming for Christmas and staying about 4-5 days, along with my son and daughter coming home. So I started early on the food. The cheese was done in part 1; pistachios, pastrami, and kielbasa were done in part 2; here is the Jerky, pepperoni, and hot dogs.

Here is the jerky. I used sliced London broil that was on sale. I haven't had luck buying a Reveo vacuum tumbler marinader since they stopped making them. So I bought a Foodsaver vacuum container for myself for Christmas and opened it early (don't worry I re-wrap it and put it under the tree). The vacuum part worked well but rolling around the floor to tumble it was difficult  ;D ;D ;D. Here are the pics (I forgot to take one when I was done, but they came out great.)

Next was 10 lbs of hot dogs (gotta feed them all during the day) and 3 lbs of pepperoni.
All stuffed and in the Bradley for some smoke.

Wanted to hot water bath so used another of my presents (probably just re-wrap the empty boxes, it'll be easier)

Everyone in the pool

Out of the pool and blooming

So what I have left are the pork butts, the golabki (Polish stuffed cabbage that I'll stuff with homemade Italian sausage rather than hamburger); ABTs, couple of fatties for breakfast, and the standing rib roast for Christmas dinner. The nice relatives in Rome, NY sent me a large batch of pirogi so I can cross making that off the list.
More to come.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

SiFumar

I'm trying to picture you on the floor rolling around with it!  ;D

Keymaster

You've been a busy man Gus, Everything looks spectacular!!!

devo

Quote from: SiFumar on December 18, 2011, 01:03:39 PM
I'm trying to picture you on the floor rolling around with it!  ;D

Me too  ;D ;D

ghost9mm

Dang !!! everything looks really good Gus...I know your family will appreciate your effort...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill