Christmas Cashews

Started by BroSitt, December 19, 2011, 07:26:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BroSitt

These were the batch of cashews I smoked last night for Christmas gifts and munching.  I used three different spice mixtures on these cashews.  First, I did tenpoint5's recipe, using butter, Worcestershire, tobasco, and Carolina gold as the barbeque sauce.  They turned out really well.

Next I used the melted butter, Worcestershire, and Jan's rub  (these were awesome)

The last batch was a recipe I saw NePa smoker post using pistachio's which I inaccurately labeled as kicked up.  I mixed chili powder, cumin, cayene, ground coriander and paprika.  Then I added this mix to cashew's that had been treated with Worcester, and melted butter.

These cashew's stayed on the bottom rack for too long and got a little burnt, but they are ok.

Overall, the Jan's rub was THE BEST!

SiFumar

I love smoked cashews....looks good from here.  Will have to try Jan's rub next time.( just made a fresh batch tonight :) )

Tenpoint5

They all look good even though the last batch got a little dark. You can always save them for the cook!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!