• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

What do y'all eat on New Years Day ?

Started by ghost9mm, December 28, 2011, 10:38:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghost9mm

Here in Pennsylvania dutch country we start the year off with Pork and Sauerkraut with mashed taters, it is a tradition, suppose to bring luck and a better year then the last...one of my favorite meals...I think my family in Texas has black eyed peas and some kind of cabbage or collard greens...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

DADAKOTA

devo

Anything left over, I'm usually to hung over that day  ;D ;D

MidKnightRider

Pork, greens, field peas, and corn bread
"A Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever."John Adams
The Big Easy
OBS
ProQ Smoke Gererator
Little Chief Front Loader
Chair-Broil Electric Smoker
Thermos Gas Grill
http://www.susanminor.org/forums/index.php
BBQ Evangelist

GusRobin

"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

KyNola

Either Hoppin' John or blackeyed pea Jambalaya.  Hamhock and cabbage gumbo works too!

OldHickory

Pork, blackeyed peas, greens, cornbread. Typical Southern, supposed to bring good luck for the coming year.
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

cajunboudreaux

Collard Greens with smoked bacon, Black eyed peas, and Cornbread.
Laissez les bon temps rouler

Sailor

We in da South has ta have our Black Eyed Peas wif some poke for good luck.   Fix up some corn bread and some greens and you all all fixed up for the New Year.  Got my Peas in the pantry and the ham bone from the Christmas ham is in the freezer ready to go in the crock pot New Years Eve.

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

pensrock

I'm on the other side of PA and will be having the same as Gary. Pork and Sauerkraut with mashed taters, and some knockworsts. Spelled wrong but tastes the same.  ;D

squirtthecat

We're gonna do a Yankeefied cabbage, turkey, rice & black eyed pea thing.. 

ronbeaux

Cabbage, cornbread, and black eyed peas. With a side of tequila. ;D
The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

Keymaster

We have no traditional food at our house but Pork and Sauerkraut with mashed taters Sounds pretty darn good . I think this year will be a first, thanks Gary ;)

TedEbear

QuoteWhat do y'all eat on New Years Day ?

New Years Day?  Usually whatever is left of the leftover snacks that were made for New Years Eve.  Nothing extraordinary.