• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Ya gotta be kidding me

Started by Sailor, January 01, 2012, 07:22:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sailor

My belated Christmas gift arrived yesterday.  It is the fan conversion kit.  I planned to install the fan this morning so I can do some more nuts today.  I gets everything all lined up and get the templete all lined up and center punched.  Go to the garage to get my drill and it is dead.  I guess the last time I used it was over a year ago  :o So it is on the charger and now I have to wait before I can do anything else.  Sure was hoping to be smoking by noon but don't look like that will be happening.

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

beefmann

hate when a plan doesent come toghter

SamuelG

Make sure to drill straight!!!!

I know what happens when you don't!!

😁😁😁

Good luck with the mod, it works great.

SamuelG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SamuelG

NePaSmoKer

Yeah that sux, my cordless went that way after meeting my KBM  :o

Sailor

Quote from: SamuelG on January 01, 2012, 07:26:05 AM
Make sure to drill straight!!!!

I know what happens when you don't!!

😁😁😁

Good luck with the mod, it works great.

SamuelG

Yep,  I know what happens when you don't drill straight too.  Got to make a bigger hole  :o

Sailor

Went to the neighbors and got his drill.  It took me 3 different installs to get the shaft from touching my holes.  It is a bit noisy and not as quite as I thought it would be.  I could still be hitting the hole with the shaft.  Will put some nuts in and see how it goes. I forgot how sharp metal is.  Two cuts and we are good to go.

lumpy

Loosen the box in the back , move it around and see if you can eliminate the rubbing of the shaft on the body.

Sailor

Quote from: lumpy on January 01, 2012, 10:58:27 AM
Loosen the box in the back , move it around and see if you can eliminate the rubbing of the shaft on the body.
Yep, Did that and seems to be OK now.  I am very impressed so far.  I just did a test before putting my almonds in.  Put a probe in the back of the cabinet and one in the front.  Used to be a 25 to 30 degree difference.  She is running about 5 to 10 degrees difference.  That his going to be huge.  I am hoping I will not have to rotate the racks.  Will be keeping an eye on this smoke.

SamuelG

Quote from: Sailor on January 01, 2012, 09:40:48 AM
Went to the neighbors and got his drill.  It took me 3 different installs to get the shaft from touching my holes.  It is a bit noisy and not as quite as I thought it would be.  I could still be hitting the hole with the shaft.  Will put some nuts in and see how it goes. I forgot how sharp metal is.  Two cuts and we are good to go.

I drilled one BIG WHOLE!

Mine is not that noisy, it might be rubbing on the sides.

SamuelG

SamuelG

lmcgrew02

Sailor if you don't mind me asking I was wondering where you purchased your fan mod at? Have been interested in doing it to my 4 rack OBS for awhile now but didn't know where to purchase the mod. Thanks in advance

Sailor

I gave my daughters this web address and they ordered it for me.  http://smokeandstuff.com/index.php/products/complete-fan-kit.  Lot's of guys have ordered parts from Granger and made their own.  The kit has every thing that you need to do the mod.

lmcgrew02