• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Finally wrapped her up... Pics!

Started by frepar, January 01, 2012, 01:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frepar

Happy new year all!
Just wrapped up my dual element mod... and chris thinks that he has the right to chew me out whenever i claim to have done something and dont post pictures ;)

autotuning as we speak and we hit 225 in a northern MN blizzard in under 20 minutes

i also have a brother who thought he should "one up" me and bought a DBS and had a hard time cold smoking with his adapter (without the thermo cable) so i soldered a 5 foot long one up for him... "size M coaxial DC power plug" at radio shack... 3 bucks per pair... this way he can set his cold smoke adapter on the ground or 5' away and still get cabin temp readings on the SG, much less even ROLL smoke, cuz i guess you cant roll smoke without the cord in?

Heres the pic of the new element mounted on the heat reflector, i ended up snapping the spot welds when i was dremeling out the hole for the element, and then thought of how to fix it, i may have had a stroke of genius: i dremeled two holes straight through where the spot welds were and used 2 of the 4 billion 3/8" screws from the exterior backing, this way when/if my new element needs changing, i unscrew 2 screws, take of one side off reflector and we're done. (you can see one of the screws on the right side of the shield right under the porcelain)

little farther back with my new 110v Green LED indicator ;)  pointless, i know, but it looks neato!!

and my late christmas gift to my "tommy topper" brother... dont tell him it only cost 3 bucks

GusRobin

I personally think that the OBS with the PID is a better deal than the DBS. They only difference is if you have a need and get the 6 rack.
Congratulations on the successful mods.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

frepar

I was a little jealous until I saw his DBS overshoot his temp by 20 degrees..... Not happening with the auber!

Quarlow

Well it's about time. And from now on when Chris says post them pics you just better listen buddy. LOL. Nice job. well done.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.