1/2 cup corn syrup
1/4cup water
1 3/4 cups peanuts, shelled, roasted and unsalted
2 slices bacon, cooked crisp, cooled and finely diced
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons butter

pinch of Kosher salt

Directions:

Spray a baking sheet with non stick cooking spray and set aside.

In a large skillet over high heat add sugar, corn syrup and water. Stir and allow mixture to come to a full boil (approximately 4-5 minutes). Stir in nuts. Cook, stirring occasionally, until syrup becomes thick and honey colored ?you will begin to smell the nuts cooking (approximately 5 minutes). Remove from heat and stir in baking soda. Working quickly, stir in butter and bacon. Keep stirring until butter has melted. Turn brittle out onto the prepared baking sheet. Use the back of your spatula to spread mixture as thin as you would like. Sprinkle the top with Kosher salt. Allow the brittle to cool completely (approximately 20 minutes) and break by hand into large chunks. Store in air tight container.

NePaSmoKer

Finally getting to making this.

Cooking crispy the bacon. (2 extra fer me)

Crumbled small.

Got the sugars ready to boil.

Added the peanuts, stir to boil again then add the BS, stir again and add butter and bacon.

Bacon sweet crunchy goodness cooling.

If i dont show more pics it either didnt turn out brittley or i ate it all   ;D

Drac

Love it.  Did you dip the "two for you" in chocolate while on the sweet bacon kick?

Jim
I cook with a flair for the dramatic,
and depraved indifference to calories

Quarlow

Yum, reminds me of the bacon peanut butter they had out here when I was a little tyke.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

La Quinta

Hey Rick...I have roasted salted peanuts...leave out the kosher salt? or with the bacon be too salty...

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: La Quinta on January 07, 2012, 11:22:08 PM
Hey Rick...I have roasted salted peanuts...leave out the kosher salt? or with the bacon be too salty...

LQ

I think you will be good, I added some Bacon salt even  :o

La Quinta

Kool...I'm gonna try it...can you freeze it ya think?

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: La Quinta on January 12, 2012, 12:08:36 AM
Kool...I'm gonna try it...can you freeze it ya think?

Mmmmmmm

I dont think it will freeze very good? the frost might break down the sugars and get sticky....ya thunk?

La Quinta

Well...I don't know...I keep candy in the freezer and nuts...and candy with nuts...hmmm...all sugar right? I am gonna try to freeze a couple of pieces for a day ot two and see what happens...vac seal them...not air...no ice crystals?

Keymaster

Tater

I'm never going to tell my doctor about this forum.

rdevous

.....Forum?.......What forum?......Who?...What?...Where?......

Ray......I'm not really here and you can't prove it!!!......

If you can't smoke it.....you don't need it!!!