FOOT CONTROL FOR THE KIRBY CANNON

Started by pikeman_95, January 02, 2012, 11:09:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pikeman_95

Well I had some time and with the inspiration from Dr Seuss I managed to assemble my foot control. This thing has a bunch of gozentas [you know like this gozentas this and that gozenta that]. I had several things that I was trying to accomplish.

• Hands free foot control.

• Simultaneous water start and stop with instantaneous pressure drop and shut off. [This is so the meat stops coming out instantly when the foot is removed
    • Power to system is easily switched on and off
    • Bypass around control system for pumping the water out to suck the piston back for fast refill.
    • Water pump is switched for easy operation
    • I wanted everything to be attached to one platform.
    I won some sort of an award for a project using the most street 90's. It does work great though. The piston stops and starts instantly and the piston returns very fast. My stuffer base will hold the smallest and largest stuffer I produce. I have a 15# stuffer on it. I am looking forward to doing a sausage project with it.
    Here is the video link and some still pictures.

Click link to see video

http://s943.photobucket.com/albums/ad274/pikeman_95/MAKING%20SAUSAGE%20WITH%20KENNY/FOOR%20PETAL%20CONTROL/?action=view&current=MYFOOTCONTROLFORTHESTUFFERSAVEDFILE.mp4

No leaks and it works just like I intended it to work. It is going to be so easy to use and you will be able to make sausage in a one man operation. At any time you wish you can take your foot off the pedal and the meat stops instantly.

Kirby
    [/list]

wyrman

Very interesting Kirby. I was thinking about doing something similar when I get around to putting mine together.
    It's still in pieces, but it is sitting on the new stuffing cabinet.

Quarlow

Man that is the schiznitz for sure Kirby.
    I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
    BBQ
    One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

NePaSmoKer

Sailor

HOG DANG! 
    That is just awesome!  One day I will be a proud owner of a super duper foot controlled Kirby Cannon and mixer. 

Kirby my hat is off to you my friend.

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

lumpy

Very Cool!!
    So now what are you going to do with your hands ;)

pensrock

You may need an engineering degree to operate it.  ;) ;D ;D
    Looks good.  :)

devo

Nice build Kirby. I added my valves last week and been to busy to post it but it works great. I got two FREE solenoid valve's from work. One normally open and one normally closed. Got a sewing machine foot peddle off of ebay for 12 bucks. I also have the same electric pump I use to draw the piston back.

Video is not good but you get the idea. For the test purpose the cannon didn't have the plunger in it. You can see the water flowing in and when I step off the foot peddle, water discharges through the drain.
    http://www.youtube.com/embed/qh2lInV6WcM

MTFiddler

carnie1

Awsome, just awsome, can't wait to get to south florida so I can "play" with mine too

SamuelG

That is amazing!
    Very very nice, NEED one of thise!

😉😉😉

SamuelG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SamuelG

pikeman_95

Quote from: devo on January 02, 2012, 03:06:24 PM
    Nice build Kirby. I added my valves last week and been to busy to post it but it works great. I got two FREE solenoid valve's from work. One normally open and one normally closed. Got a sewing machine foot peddle off of ebay for 12 bucks. I also have the same electric pump I use to draw the piston back.

Video is not good but you get the idea. For the test purpose the cannon didn't have the plunger in it. You can see the water flowing in and when I step off the foot peddle, water discharges through the drain.
    http://www.youtube.com/embed/qh2lInV6WcM

Don
    I looked at the valves that you have there. They are Asko valves and rather expensive. That is why I took the path I did. The valves that I used were something like $ 14 each and I think they had free freight. I did get the relay from the used junk bin at work. I will locate a place to pick one of them up. It looks like you system is going to work well.

devo

QuoteThey are Asko valves and rather expensive
    Yes you are right about that. 185 bucks a piece. Thats why FREE from work is always good  ;D

pikeman_95

I have done a little research and here is some information. First the link to the valves.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B003BIGDO0/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new
    You can get a 120 volt 10 amp relay from Radio Shack for $10.
    And I have drawn up a couple of diagrams
    First the piping.

and the electrical

NePaSmoKer

;D ;D ;D

My wife wont let me have mine in the kitchen (when she is home)

I gotta work on my leak problems.