Twice Baked Penne Lasagne

Started by smoker pete, January 02, 2012, 01:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smoker pete

Here's an easy and delicious recipe for leftovers.  Lasagne is a big favorite in my family so I decided to throw together a faux Lasagne with leftover Penne Pasta and Marinara Meat Sauce.  Sprayed a baking dish with Pam and layered leftover Penne Pasta, Marinara Meat Sauce, Low Fat Ricotta Cheese, and Mexican Blend Shredded Cheese.  Repeated the process and into a preheated 350?F oven for 45 minutes.

The money $shot ...  Twice Baked Penne Lasagne with a small salad and Roasted Garlic Artisan Bread ...

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl

pensrock

Cool, I did the same thing last friday. Except I skipped the Ricotta, can stand it or Cottage cheese. But it came out great. I made three layers and had Itailian cheese mix and pepperoni between each layer.

ghost9mm

Pete it looks and sounds awesome...just show this to my wife and she said I could do that...lol..
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

SouthernSmoked

SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

devo

Looks like it would be good on a cold winters day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3rensho

Great idea and delicious looking meal.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

La Quinta

Hey Pens...my hubby "hates" ricotta too...made him a similar dish to smoker Pete's...he gobbled it up...tossed in some homemade sausage and a little more parm...he knew nothing...additional garlic is nice too!!! He gets ricotta in Italian all of the time... ;D

pensrock

LQ, I have eaten it in lasagna but will pick it out given the chance. If its not too thick I just eat it, with all the other cheese and meat sauce its hard to even know its there.

La Quinta

We wives are crafty that way!!!  ;)