just starting

Started by ksutwisted, January 13, 2006, 05:57:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ksutwisted

Well, after a lot of shopping around and comparing I finally bought a BS yesterday.  I was getting tired of trying to maintain temp in a charcoal smoker during these cold months!  After curing the smoker yesterday we smoked two blocks of cheese with applewood.  One we sliced up right away and it was very good.  The other one is in wrap in the fridge for a week per advice I've read in these forums.  I put a brisket in early this morning (having the in-laws over for dinner).  Hopefully all goes well.  Just wanted to say I love all the advice and information available here!  This is an awesome place for anyone interested in learning more than they could ever imagine about smoking!

iceman

Welcome to the world of Bradley smoking. Boy are you in for a treat. Happy smoking.[:)]<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ksutwisted</i>
<br />Well, after a lot of shopping around and comparing I finally bought a BS yesterday.  I was getting tired of trying to maintain temp in a charcoal smoker during these cold months!  After curing the smoker yesterday we smoked two blocks of cheese with applewood.  One we sliced up right away and it was very good.  The other one is in wrap in the fridge for a week per advice I've read in these forums.  I put a brisket in early this morning (having the in-laws over for dinner).  Hopefully all goes well.  Just wanted to say I love all the advice and information available here!  This is an awesome place for anyone interested in learning more than they could ever imagine about smoking!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Big or small you can smoke'm all!!!

JJC

Welcome, ksutwisted!  Hope your brisket turns out as well as the cheese . . . let us know.

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

manxman

Welcome ksutwisted! Happy smoking.[:)]

Manxman.
Manxman