Smoked Bread

Started by Trakkat78, January 04, 2012, 05:23:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habanero Smoker

It is for Trakkat78.

In his first step he stated to smoke the flour with the damper fully closed.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

La Quinta

okay...misunderstood...

Trakkat78

@ Habanero Smoker: I used Crown Royal Oak Bisquettes.  And you are right about the vent, I always leave it a bit open to prevent back flow.

@ La Quinta:  I was afraid to proof the dough in the smoker because I have a hard time maintaining 80oF.  But I will definitely try it next time.

La Quinta

Wish I had your problem Trakk...I am gonna try this tomorrow...Gonna try an oatmeal bread...I mean...what the heck right? ;D Cheap enough if I screw it up!!! :)

Habanero Smoker

This does look interesting. I may give it a try. I do have Crown Royal Oak Bisquettes.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Smokin Soon

I did finally find a way to get a good flavor using my smoked cheese instead of trying to smoke the flour or proof the bread in the smoker. It seems that flour really sucks up some smoke flavor during the 2 risings. I used a King Arthur recipe using smoked Asaigo, Parmesan and Sharp Cheddar. The Parm and cheddar were shredded and the Asaigo was sort of fine cubed.

This is a knock yer socks off bread, I wanted to try it in the Traeger, but sometimes the old girl cannot maintain the 430 degrees for this bread, so it went in the oven.

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/three-cheese-semolina-bread-recipe

La Quinta

That looks delicious...I made that recipe a fave...

I did makea loaf and proofed it in the smoker (with smoke)...tasted a bit strong after baking (letting it calm down for a day or two and see)...I think next loaf I just may proof the dough w/o smoke and let it pick up the "flavor" of the box...again...what the hell...it's like a buck worth of ingredients...

mikecorn.1

Nice looking loaf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike