Please Help!

Started by azzemoto, January 06, 2012, 08:16:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

azzemoto

I have had my Bradley for 2 years and my heating element has gone bad after only 5 or 6 uses!  When I called Bradley to ask them about it they said that due to the moisture inside the box that it is really unpredictable how long my next element will last.

I have tried all of the other solutions about the dampers being open and checking to see if my plugs or wires are damaged and everything is fine on that end.  It is for sure the heating element.

I am not sure about spending $25 to fix a problem that has no real solution if the moisture issue is not addressed.  On the other hand, I already shelled out over way $250 for this smoker which now is inoperable.

I thought I did my research before I bought this unit from this company but apparently it was not sufficient.  Wow what a let down.  :'(

KyNola

Check the reply to your exact same post in the "Introduce yourself" and "Original Bradley Smoker" sections.

The answer would be the same had you only posted once.

azzemoto

I posted the same topic in various sections to make sure that I am heard!

NePaSmoKer

Again here.

If there was a moisture issue then Bradley would not have the use of a water pan?.......EH

I have been with the Bradley line for years and have not had moisture issues damaging my smoker.

Bradley goes far and above to help with issues even after warranty is out.

IMHO I think your post what Bradley said " moisture inside the box that it is really unpredictable how long my next element will last"
Is BS

NO I AM NOT EMPLOYED BY BRADLEY...JUST A VERY HAPPY BRADLEY USER

There nuff, Just so tired of seeing Bradley being smashed on the forum.

Sailor

azzemoto, first of all I am sorry about your element.  With that said I have some reservations regarding your problem.  1st of all you joined the forum Feb 2011 and you stated that you just got your Bradley and were seasoning it.  http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=20800.msg254244#msg254244 That has only been less than 1 year.  You now state that you have had it for 2 years and you have a beef with Bradley.  Something just don't smell right here. In my experience, Bradley has the best customer service and bend over backwards in the customer service department.  Perhaps you are still under warranty and perhaps if you would have told Bradley that you had it less than one year they would have replaced the element.  As I said.....something just don't smell right.

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

azzemoto

I have no beef with Bradley.  When I called customer service they said my unit was out of warranty.  Maybe I purchased in Nov or Dec of 2010 and I joined/posted in Feb of 2011. 

Regarding what poster "NePaSmoker" said you MUST be employed by Bradley because why would I make up such a statement, I simply called them to ask about my heating element.  Yes there is going to be moisture in the box so if they manufactured an element that was not water tight, then of course they are going to have a problem, WHICH THEY DID AND HAVE ADMITTED TO IT! ;)

mikecorn.1

Mike

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: azzemoto on January 06, 2012, 11:43:25 AM
I have no beef with Bradley.  When I called customer service they said my unit was out of warranty.  Maybe I purchased in Nov or Dec of 2010 and I joined/posted in Feb of 2011. 

Regarding what poster "NePaSmoker" said you MUST be employed by Bradley because why would I make up such a statement, I simply called them to ask about my heating element.  Yes there is going to be moisture in the box so if they manufactured an element that was not water tight, then of course they are going to have a problem, WHICH THEY DID AND HAVE ADMITTED TO IT! ;)

;D ;D ;D

dman4505

Sir as I have meet NePa I can assure you he is not employed by Bradley in any way, shape or form.
Also toward your "beef" with Bradley Customer Service, we all here have delt with them in one way or another and have not had the issue you had. In fact I had the element go out in mine and their customer service was top notch they helped me through some trouble shooting steps to verify that in deed the element was bad. Once that was determined to be true a new one arrived four days later, so it was shipped out pretty darn quick .
Since the home office shows up here from time to time I'm sure you'll get a response from them and hopefully things will be straightened out to your satisfaction. Until then sit back have cold one and chill out a bit. We're all here for the same reason to make new friends and enjoy the addiction that is smoked foods.

Don
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."

The Man's Prayer: I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

NePaSmoKer

Hey i aint calling you a liar, Im just saying that its not like Bradley to make a statement like that. Maybe the person you spoke with was not versed on the element issues good enough.  We all know there was a bad batch of elements. Relax and im sure someone will help you with your issue.

So lets smoke on

devo

Rick when your wife gets back from Florida she is going to asking where the heck are all those paychecks  :o :o :o   ;D ;D

azzemoto

Thanks for all your responses.  We are all here for the same thing, good smoke.  I'm having a cold one as soon as I get home.... :)

viper125

Well never heard any one told that and at one time there wear a lot going bad. But they changed suppliers and all is well now. They don't make elements they buy from another source. But in the shop we had elements for heating different thing and machines. Their a lot like a light bulb. In the fact there is never no way to know how long they will last. Most the people buy a spare usually when they buy their smoker or shortly after. It takes a short time to change. It can mean the difference in a good or bad day. Now I have a spare plus i did the two element mod with a switch. So if one goes bad I can still go on with the other one. And if both are working recovery is all that much better. But when smoking with this or any smoker preparation can make a good or bad day. Your choice my friend!
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

dman4505

Quote from: azzemoto on January 06, 2012, 01:09:20 PM
Thanks for all your responses.  We are all here for the same thing, good smoke.  I'm having a cold one as soon as I get home.... :)

Welcome to the show, have an extra one on me

Don
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."

The Man's Prayer: I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

La Quinta

What dman said....geeezzz....NePas doesn't work for Bradley...we all love the units...Azze...people are here to help...lighten up dude...we are a friendly bunch...