How Long Does it Take You BS...

Started by Scrambled, January 14, 2006, 09:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scrambled

To warm up to around 200 degrees?  With no food in the box?

Smokum if ya got um!

Scrambled

OK - I think I have ID'ed the issue.  For the second time now, I have had a situation where I take my Bradley out of the garage and onto the patio, plug it in, and the smoke generator power indicator is lit, but the smoke box power indicator next to the thermostat is not.  I checked the connections on the back of the smoker (mine is not a recall model) and all was fine.

By unplugging the power from the wall and plugging it back in the problem resolves - power light comes on and temprature starts to get right.

Anyone else seen this issue?  Bear in mind I am no idiot - I understand the wiring for the unit and how it all hooks up properly.  Is there a tip sensor in this unit which I am activating some how?  If so, does it function without power applied to the unit - which is to say I am opening up said interlock when move it?

Oh, no beers yet today either....[:D]

Help?

Smokum if ya got um!

jaeger

Scrambled,
I think you may have a faulty (slider)control board. I would recommend a call to Bradley if it is still under warranty or call Chez if it's not under warranty. My control board went out just before our Christmas eve dinner. I had to go to Plan B. My warranty is over so I called Chez, he said that grease can drip onto the board and short it out.
In my case, the light on the board and the element did not work. I would recommend a fix before you have it fail at an inoppurtune time.

<font size="4"><b>Doug</b></font id="size4">