New Smoker

Started by still smokin, January 17, 2006, 05:58:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

still smokin

Hi Folks, after lurking around here for a while I finally bought a Bradley.I picked it up Friday, and seasoned it that night.I picked up some ribs and smoked them on Sunday.They turned out excellent!!smoked for 4hrs with maple.I also put together some Bush beans with a bit of rub and some BBQ sauce and popped those on the bottom rack, and let all those yummy dripings and smoke flavour up those beans a few notches.Wow!!! were they ever GOOD!! These are great smokers are great aren't they, so versatile.It's going to be so nice to be able to do some much more with the Bradley, than I could with my Brinkman.I'm glad I found this board,there is so much knowledge,and expierence here.
                         John

manxman

Welcome to the forum still smokin...... yes, they are great smokers. Happy smoking.[:)]

Manxman.
Manxman

cnelles

Welcome
I also have a Brinkman and you can't beat the Bradely

Chris Nelles

Oldman

still smokin,
Welcome.

Check out our collective receipe site. It is a sticky at the top of each forum.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

biedermancooks

i just finished opening and seasoning my smoker. does anyone have any good first timmer recipes?

icerat4

Hi welcome biedermancooks. the best thing to start is chicken or ribs are a fine second choise.Both of these with about 6-7 pounds will take about 4 hours just rotate the racks in between hours and if doing ribs put bacon on the top rack to drip down on the ribs yummy.No worries its low and slow cooking here so if ya feel the need to do a taste in the 3rd hour to judge where the food is as far as done do it then you will be a better judge of when its going to be done .with the chicken leave the vent open half way to whole to dry out the skin better .with the ribs leave it closed half way to keep it a little moist in side.Hope this helps a little lots of old timers here with help also just check around and do a search if need be.HAPPY SMOKIN[:D][:D][:D]O YEA THE TEMP SHOULD BE 190 -200 MAX KEEP IT THERE 190 IS BETTER.

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

biedermancooks
welcome to the forum [:)] i second what icerat4 said [;)]

IKnowWood

welcome biedermancooks.  check out the recipe site (old's place) where there are a lot of the collected reciepes.  Look up the chicken ones on there and try one.

Good luck and trust us, once you start it will be a journey and lots of fun for a while.
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

weekend smoker

Hello smokers, I bought the 6 rack digital smoker 2 weeks ago I did spare ribs 1st. My smoke generator put the pucks in great but it didn't seem to keep temperture. I think I put to many ribs in.I set the temperture at 210 degrees. It was only 50 degrees outside with some wind. It took 7 hrs to cook.

I have been a weekend smoker for years. I have a cookshack smokette too. The cookshack is built better but the bradley seems to do a better job of smoking. I think the food tastes better in the bradley. Just hope I dont have any trouble with my puck advance like some people have had with the original bradley.

Happy smokin   

asa

Let me add my welcome to still smokin, biedermancooks, weekend smoker, and anyone else just joining the list. I've had my Bradley now for all of 10 days and I want to help you avoid a problem I've had since I got it. You see, last weekend  I smoked two shoulders for chopped and sliced Q. And this weekend I did the same - four pork shoulders in two weeks. And both times, I'm left with NO leftovers - none, nothing, nada, zip. So I suggest you try to control the number of people your significant other invites to partake of the sumptuous repast. Folks are gonna love it - got rave reviews again this afternoon. But I was hoping for at least a nice package to store away for a few sandwiches this week. Anyway, do more than you think you'll need. And be spontaneous. Yesterday, while smoking my pork shoulders, I impulsively threw on a pint of oysters (on one of my new "jerky racks" from Chez with a smaller, non-stick grid instead of the standard, and perfect for smaller stuff) and they were great. At 30 minutes they were still plump and juicy, slightly smoked, sort of like lightly steamed oysters with a bit of a smokey attitude. After 60 minutes they got chewy, more heavily smoked, more like what commercially smoked oysters are like. Add a little melted butter, fresh lemon juice squeezed into it, and some parsley fresh from the garden, and you've got a spontaneous treat that will impress the unsuspecting.

Happy smoking.
Enjoy good Southern-style smoked barbecue -- it's not just for breakfast anymore!
Play old-time music - it's better than it sounds!
     And
Please Note: The cook is not responsible for dog hair in the food!!

Oldman

weekend smoker

Welcome to this place.  Next there is one thing about Bradley you cannot beat and it is their warranty service.

Let us know how things go.
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!!