• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Ground deer jerky

Started by theLDP, January 14, 2012, 07:12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theLDP

Here is some deer jerky made today.  Just bought a LEM jerky gun and put it to use.
9 Hours. I had a couple beers to get me through the day  ;D

DTAggie

ghost9mm

Nice job on the jerky, like the color too.
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

theLDP

Oh.  By the way, I did some reading on here to help me make this jerky.  This forum is awesome!  You guys are great!

smokeshed

That's some good looking Jerky. I recently bought a jerky gun and bradley smoker. I have not used it yet but plan on making some moose jerky. Does it really take 9 hours?

mikecorn.1

Very nice. I just got a LEM Jerky gun today with a few other things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

theLDP

I think I can do it in about 5-6 hours next time.  I'm gonna start out with a little higher temp on my next batch which will be tomorrow.

theLDP

Mike- I plan on trying some deer sticks soon.  I see you bought the extras for that.  Let me know how it works.

thegoat273

I have my first batch in now.  Went with the spicy mix.  What temp did you use for your ground jerky?  You said you think you can do it in about five hours next time?

mikecorn.1

Quote from: theLDP on January 28, 2012, 10:26:01 AM
I think I can do it in about 5-6 hours next time.  I'm gonna start out with a little higher temp on my next batch which will be tomorrow.
Ok

Mike

theLDP

Well. Not an expert here but I am going to do 150 for about 4-5 hours then 170 for about an hour or until nice color.

theLDP

Well here is my second try at the deer jerky.  I went 150 for for 7 hours and 160 for 45 min.  1:40 smoke.  I used LEM original with added cayanne and cracked black pepper. 

I like this batch better than the first. 

DTAggie

are you using straight ground venison or adding some fat or ground beef?

theLDP

mikecorn.1

Quote from: theLDP on January 29, 2012, 05:47:32 PM
30% beef added
Quick question. Haven't done anything yet with mine. Does the LEM seasoning already have cure in it?

Mike