• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

PMillen—Omaha, NE (Consider North Dakota home state)

Started by PMillen, January 16, 2012, 12:31:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PMillen

Retired.  I never cooked a thing for 45 years.  Married in college I spent my time studying and playing hockey.  Then I jumped into the industrial maelstrom and spent long days at the office.  When we divided responsibilities up, all of the cooking responsibilities were Marcia's.  My only role was to open and test the wine.

A couple of years ago our old grill gave up.  I bought a gasser against her strongest advice.  "Fine.  Now you can do all of the grilling."  I immediately discovered that I like cooking for her.  The meals are my little gifts.  I take the time to do them as well as I can.

She watched me reading the OBS forum starting with the oldest post and working my way toward the current one.  So she gave me an OBS for Christmas.  Now I'm climbing that learning curve.

I will not be a prolific poster.  You'll see my name when I have a question or on those rare occasions when I think I have something to offer.  But I'll probably be here every day.
Paul
Grill 1:  Ubiquitous Weber Kettle
Grill 2:  Gasser
OBS w/Dual Probe Auber PID
Cookshack PG-500

mikecorn.1

Welcome aboard. Lots of lurkers here. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

OU812

PMillen

Quote from: PMillen on January 16, 2012, 12:31:12 PM
I will not be a prolific poster.  You'll see my name when I have a question or on those rare occasions when I think I have something to offer.  But I'll probably be here every day.

As I wrote in another post, "I guess that makes me a lurker although it sounds unduly harsh with sinister overtones." 
Paul
Grill 1:  Ubiquitous Weber Kettle
Grill 2:  Gasser
OBS w/Dual Probe Auber PID
Cookshack PG-500

dman4505

Welcome
I'm right across the river in Council Bluffs, have fun and post your results when ya can
We love pictures here, and everyone will be very helpful as you've seen from the older posts on here.

Don
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."

The Man's Prayer: I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

ghost9mm

Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

SouthernSmoked

SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

devo

Welcome, glad to see I,m not the only one who found out later in life that I like cooking too. Now I find my myself watching the food network more than football. Don,t be to much of a lurker as we like to see pictures of the food you smoke.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thirtydaZe

in all my days of foruming, i've never ever been anywhere that had more people from the Nebraska area, and more specifically, the Omaha area.....

DBS 6 Rack
Auber PID 1202 Dual Probe
Yoder Cheyenne 16

dman4505

Quote from: thirtydaZe on January 18, 2012, 09:30:00 AM
in all my days of foruming, i've never ever been anywhere that had more people from the Nebraska area, and more specifically, the Omaha area.....

They just keep showing up out of nowhere
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."

The Man's Prayer: I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.