Just placed a big order

Started by xjclassic, January 17, 2012, 06:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xjclassic

Today I ordered everything to build my in smoker box PID.  Also ordered the second 500W element and the stuff to ad a fan.  Wish me luck guys.  Wiring is not my strong suit.  I have been reading a lot and have decent understanding.  Just have get the thing apart so I can see for myself what is going on in there.   

hybridcx

good luck, and look forward to seeing the results. I am still on the fence for the PID as wiring is not my strong suite either. once its all installed I am sure you will be happy with it..

Flyboyandre

The Auberins PID is pretty much plug and play and you will find the mods you're making fantastic upgrades to your unit :)

TedEbear

Quote from: Flyboyandre on January 17, 2012, 11:18:22 PM
The Auberins PID is pretty much plug and play

The expensive version is.  The $45 version gets installed in either the SG or a project box but you have to wire it up.  Not too difficult, it just takes a little time. The end result is a nice and neat mod with no extra wires running all over the outside.

beefmann

congrats and good luck,,, take your  time on the install,,, do not  rush cutting, wiring  or the programming of the  pid.. it will be  worth it in the  long  run