Smoke Jalapeno Powder

Started by BigSmoker, January 18, 2006, 09:36:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigSmoker

Smoked them with 2 hours of maple then dehydrated till they were crunchy.  Ground them up into a powder.  The smelll and taste is really nice.

After I dehydrated.

Gonna try a bigger batch next time.  Just wanted to see if I would like it.

Jeff

Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

iceman

Very nice BigSmoker. I'll be for trying that one for sure. Do you think that will work with most chilies?

Big or small you can smoke'm all!!!

BigSmoker

definitely.  Now I did not use the Bradley to dehydrate the japs. I have a seperate dehydrator for the drying.  Gonna do a variety of peppers next time and make a chili powder[:D].

Jeff

MallardWacker

I have used some dehydrate Jalapenos (works graeat on my bacon[:p]), there were ground into a very fine powder.  All I have to say is never breath when applying, you will be sorry.  Also if you do...don't rub da nose...it only goes down hill from there.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

BigSmoker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by MallardWacker</i>
<br />I have used some dehydrate Jalapenos (works graeat on my bacon[:p]), there were ground into a very fine powder.  All I have to say is never breath when applying, you will be sorry.  Also if you do...don't rub da nose...it only goes down hill from there.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Yes I had to pull my shirt up over my nose several times.  Next time will get a paper paint mask.  Should work with any pepper as far as I know[:)][;)].

Jeff

iceman

Those paper paint masks work great. I use them all the time when I mix up spice blends for sausage. I think I'll be for wearing gloves this weekend when I do the peppers. Thanks for the tip.